Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin - 2017 Brownlow Medalist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...recking-ball-self-v-pies-20180919-p504m9.html

[Asked if he was worried the Magpies would target the injury, Hardwick replied: "Good luck".

"He knows how to go about it. He knows what makes his best performance ... Dustin plays a competitive, wrecking-ball type game anyway. He will take the game head on. We have a lot of players around him that will take the load as well," he said.]

I loved hearing this from Dimma today as it confirmed for me just how important Josh Caddy with his big body and in your face attitude was for us against Hawthorn. Plus with all the (media fed) mystery surrounding the injury, followed by the supposed big reveal today (corky just as Daniel Rioli said on Friday), the 7 cameras and commentators will be watching closely so any extra targeted aggression towards Dusty is more likely to be seen this match.

Schlurp

All Australian
AFL Club
Richmond
The thing about Preliminary Finals (well one of the things) is that the players understand that if they push the boundaries too far, there's every chance that they lose the opportunity to play in, and possibly win, the following week's Grand Final. If their minds are anything like rooms, this big elephant is always there until the final siren. Can't see this being a dirty game. Self control and measured legal aggression, as always, will be the keys to whether we win.

k31th

All Australian
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm, Vic/Aus Cricket, Melb United
On that thought pattern, you'd think that almost all bets are off for the Grand Final, then... ;)

Still, he'll play and smash through both the PF and the GF, no worries.

Tiger_Of_Old

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond

Maroo

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone know if the Dusty mural is still there?

I just had a peep at Google street view but I’m assuming it’s an old photo.

I did see this on their Maps though.

80B0127D-CD51-45F3-AACA-4DFE2242BAFE.png

In a paradise of bad dad jokes, beer and sport.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Traralgon Tyers United
The thing about Preliminary Finals (well one of the things) is that the players understand that if they push the boundaries too far, there's every chance that they lose the opportunity to play in, and possibly win, the following week's Grand Final. If their minds are anything like rooms, this big elephant is always there until the final siren. Can't see this being a dirty game. Self control and measured legal aggression, as always, will be the keys to whether we win.
We beat the **** out of GWS, Adelaide and Hawks in our last 3 finals. We won’t be backing off at all. It’s not in the make up of our “Richmond man”.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Schlurp

All Australian
AFL Club
Richmond
We beat the **** out of GWS, Adelaide and Hawks in our last 3 finals. We won’t be backing off at all. It’s not in the make up of our “Richmond man”.

Not talking backing off for us. Sometimes we walk a line about 1 mm from the cliff edge but we do it smart. I was looking more at the possibility of the Pies targeting Dusty and trying to unsettle others in our side. Just don't see it in their make up (it's Bucks not the Scotts) and even if any of them were considering it, the potential loss through suspension for a GF would stop them in their tracks.

In a paradise of bad dad jokes, beer and sport.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Traralgon Tyers United
Not talking backing off for us. Sometimes we walk a line about 1 mm from the cliff edge but we do it smart. I was looking more at the possibility of the Pies targeting Dusty and trying to unsettle others in our side. Just don't see it in their make up (it's Bucks not the Scotts) and even if any of them were considering it, the potential loss through suspension for a GF would stop them in their tracks.
Yeah agree. And with the injury list they have, they can’t afford to lose anyone for dumb reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drofder

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Yea it’s quite common for them to sprain a ligament when they get older amongst other joint ailments too. Bad luck with complete rupture
Hmm. No good. Dogs are hard to get to sit still, or take it easy to recover too.

Drofder

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Maltese Terrier , was playing with the other dog and as she went to jump on the bed he jumped at the same time and must have collected her knee
Hmmm. Mid air collision. No good.

Was the other dog reported for rough conduct ? Did you suspend him ?

Good luck.

lvt06

All Australian
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Does anyone know if the Dusty mural is still there?

I just had a peep at Google street view but I’m assuming it’s an old photo.

I did see this on their Maps though.

View attachment 560657
It sure is, I went past the day after we smashed Hawks.

It still looks awesome, was worth the trip. Living in Brisbane I hated that I didn't get to see it last year.

Bojangles17

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond

It’s gonna be hell for leather

Last edited:

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...recking-ball-self-v-pies-20180919-p504m9.html

[Asked if he was worried the Magpies would target the injury, Hardwick replied: "Good luck".

"He knows how to go about it. He knows what makes his best performance ... Dustin plays a competitive, wrecking-ball type game anyway. He will take the game head on. We have a lot of players around him that will take the load as well," he said.]

I loved hearing this from Dimma today as it confirmed for me just how important Josh Caddy with his big body and in your face attitude was for us against Hawthorn. Plus with all the (media fed) mystery surrounding the injury, followed by the supposed big reveal today (corky just as Daniel Rioli said on Friday), the 7 cameras and commentators will be watching closely so any extra targeted aggression towards Dusty is more likely to be seen this match.
Cadds has to watch it tho, another fine and he misses a week.

tropicaltiger

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
Thought a little bump was appropriate, so we could marvel and celebrate Dustys majestic goal again, the poise, the balance and the sheer brilliance of the man how he angled his body, dropped the ball diagonally in a way to get that sweet spot, laces facing inwards was my highlight, how good was it with hawks lunging at him with only a bees dick from being corralled over the boundary line ??... Superb.
dusty goall.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom