Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

as in Oxford street in March out??
Is nothing sacred??

Allegedly, according to today's press in New Zealand. Mind you the news day here is a tad slower than Melbourne I imagine.

Been a really slow week. Can't wait to get on the plane Friday.

Haere Ra

Allegedly, according to today's press in New Zealand. Mind you the news day here is a tad slower than Melbourne I imagine.

Been a really slow week. Can't wait to get on the plane Friday.

Haere Ra
Way too slow. Bring on Friday indeed.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...recking-ball-self-v-pies-20180919-p504m9.html

[Asked if he was worried the Magpies would target the injury, Hardwick replied: "Good luck".

"He knows how to go about it. He knows what makes his best performance ... Dustin plays a competitive, wrecking-ball type game anyway. He will take the game head on. We have a lot of players around him that will take the load as well," he said.]

I loved hearing this from Dimma today as it confirmed for me just how important Josh Caddy with his big body and in your face attitude was for us against Hawthorn. Plus with all the (media fed) mystery surrounding the injury, followed by the supposed big reveal today (corky just as Daniel Rioli said on Friday), the 7 cameras and commentators will be watching closely so any extra targeted aggression towards Dusty is more likely to be seen this match.

The thing about Preliminary Finals (well one of the things) is that the players understand that if they push the boundaries too far, there's every chance that they lose the opportunity to play in, and possibly win, the following week's Grand Final. If their minds are anything like rooms, this big elephant is always there until the final siren. Can't see this being a dirty game. Self control and measured legal aggression, as always, will be the keys to whether we win.

Does anyone know if the Dusty mural is still there?

I just had a peep at Google street view but I’m assuming it’s an old photo.

I did see this on their Maps though.

80B0127D-CD51-45F3-AACA-4DFE2242BAFE.png

The thing about Preliminary Finals (well one of the things) is that the players understand that if they push the boundaries too far, there's every chance that they lose the opportunity to play in, and possibly win, the following week's Grand Final. If their minds are anything like rooms, this big elephant is always there until the final siren. Can't see this being a dirty game. Self control and measured legal aggression, as always, will be the keys to whether we win.

We beat the * out of GWS, Adelaide and Hawks in our last 3 finals. We won’t be backing off at all. It’s not in the make up of our “Richmond man”.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

We beat the **** out of GWS, Adelaide and Hawks in our last 3 finals. We won’t be backing off at all. It’s not in the make up of our “Richmond man”.

Not talking backing off for us. Sometimes we walk a line about 1 mm from the cliff edge but we do it smart. I was looking more at the possibility of the Pies targeting Dusty and trying to unsettle others in our side. Just don't see it in their make up (it's Bucks not the Scotts) and even if any of them were considering it, the potential loss through suspension for a GF would stop them in their tracks.

Not talking backing off for us. Sometimes we walk a line about 1 mm from the cliff edge but we do it smart. I was looking more at the possibility of the Pies targeting Dusty and trying to unsettle others in our side. Just don't see it in their make up (it's Bucks not the Scotts) and even if any of them were considering it, the potential loss through suspension for a GF would stop them in their tracks.

Yeah agree. And with the injury list they have, they can’t afford to lose anyone for dumb reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the Dusty mural is still there?

I just had a peep at Google street view but I’m assuming it’s an old photo.

I did see this on their Maps though.

View attachment 560657

It sure is, I went past the day after we smashed Hawks.

It still looks awesome, was worth the trip. Living in Brisbane I hated that I didn't get to see it last year.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...recking-ball-self-v-pies-20180919-p504m9.html

[Asked if he was worried the Magpies would target the injury, Hardwick replied: "Good luck".

"He knows how to go about it. He knows what makes his best performance ... Dustin plays a competitive, wrecking-ball type game anyway. He will take the game head on. We have a lot of players around him that will take the load as well," he said.]

I loved hearing this from Dimma today as it confirmed for me just how important Josh Caddy with his big body and in your face attitude was for us against Hawthorn. Plus with all the (media fed) mystery surrounding the injury, followed by the supposed big reveal today (corky just as Daniel Rioli said on Friday), the 7 cameras and commentators will be watching closely so any extra targeted aggression towards Dusty is more likely to be seen this match.
Cadds has to watch it tho, another fine and he misses a week.

Thought a little bump was appropriate, so we could marvel and celebrate Dustys majestic goal again, the poise, the balance and the sheer brilliance of the man how he angled his body, dropped the ball diagonally in a way to get that sweet spot, laces facing inwards was my highlight, how good was it with hawks lunging at him with only a bees dick from being corralled over the boundary line ??... Superb.
dusty goall.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back