Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gets dropped for him this week? Better not be Ross or Stack.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hard to say...
All depends how their young bodies pulled up after tough games against mature seasoned oppo...
Me i would roll the dice and have them both rested for the bigger game against the Dees...
I would back our side to beat the swannies, with Dusty back, without them both..
Player management is super important for us now with our injuries and suspensions...in seeing out a long season...
Something we failed to take advantage of last year!
Only the Coaching staff know how well Ross and Stack are travelling...

But Houli will come in for him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Houli has Old Man Hammies, and at 31 there's no guarantee how many games he will play. He was ready last week and pulled himself out. No point rushing him for r5. Long term goal is the finals, so he will be carefully managed not only by the club but also himself.

I love Dusty as much as the next person, and this might not be a popular opinion but based on current output I would take Jack Ross every day of the week.

If Houli and Dusty are right to come in Houli takes Menadues spot which realistically leaves Dusty to take the spot of Ross, Graham or at a stretch, Castagna / Bolton (would rather keep Bolton in)

The common factor amongst all of those players that will be replaced by Dusty is they all do a lot of defensive work that Dusty doesn't. Which has been hurting us I personally believe. So whoever he replaces is very unlucky.

I love Dusty as much as the next person, and this might not be a popular opinion but based on current output I would take Jack Ross every day of the week.

If Houli and Dusty are right to come in Houli takes Menadues spot which realistically leaves Dusty to take the spot of Ross, Graham or at a stretch, Castagna / Bolton (would rather keep Bolton in)

The common factor amongst all of those players that will be replaced by Dusty is they all do a lot of defensive work that Dusty doesn't. Which has been hurting us I personally believe. So whoever he replaces is very unlucky.
If we can win the ball 8-12% more than we have been with Ross and Cotch...maybe we don’t need to use a player as a defensive mid.
(Graham)

Geez, Michaels! One game and he's already better than a premiership winning Norm and Charlie winner!

Geez, Michaels! One game and he's already better than a premiership winning Norm and Charlie winner!

Unfortunately for us though the 2017 Dusty hasn't emerged again yet.

I know you're just trying to wind me up though :rainbow::cool:

Actually it's amazing that right now it isn't obvious who Dusty replaces.

I hope Dusty has spent the last week getting his head right, cause he needs to turn it on. IF we play Dusty in the middle and he lets rip it'll be a great game. Pity I'll be away in Indonesia for the next 2 games so won't see 2 games of over 30 possessions. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a way I wasnt too fussed Dusty copped a week, gives him a bit of time to get his head straight. But remember if Dustys elbow behind play was worth 2 weeks initially surely Dangers was at least equal. Dangers hit had more force than Dustys, its utter crap.
Danger is lucky he hit De Boer hard enough to double him over with the first hit. Otherwise the second would've clocked him.

Dusty has more credits than a Swiss bank , he’s IN . There’s a spot every day of the week for Rossy , graham and sheds go through the middle , he can take some of their time , sheds looks to have gone to HB in shorts absence

Dusty has more credits than a Swiss bank , he’s IN . There’s a spot every day of the week for Rossy , graham and sheds go through the middle , he can take some of their time , sheds looks to have gone to HB in shorts absence

Oh I agree dusty is In, but my unknown is who for?

Will try go like for like position wise or drop someone like Baker for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back