Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Haha, had the original Pixel for years and needed to upgrade. So I'm a bit bias as a really like the Pixel - having a young family it's really good to have unlimited Google photo storage which saves instantaneously.

So yes, I've had it for 3 days and really like it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Pardon my ignorance, but how do the photos save instantly to google on a pixel? In market for new phone, and like you, very snap happy with a new family

Played his best game of the year today, it's great to see that he appears to be over whatever plagued him at the start of the season.

Agree.

Hunted the ball, tackled, chased and got reward for effort offensively.

Set the tone for everyone else, great leaders game.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
oppos after the final siren

giphy.gif

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Picked up the 10 coaches votes this week.

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN
10 Dustin Martin (RICH)
7 Shane Edwards (RICH)
4 Bachar Houli (RICH)
3 Brandon Ellis (RICH)
2 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
2 Dion Prestia (RICH)
1 James Sicily (HAW)
1 Ricky Henderson (HAW)

Tigerish09

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond reserves
Just read about De Boer's job on Cripps and how he held him to 12 possessions and I think back to the time he played on Martin.
Message to Dimma, Please play Townsend next time we meet GWS and let's have some physical pressure on the tagger. We see what Martin can produce so worth sacrificing a player's game to see what Martin can do. Not that Townsend is just a strongman, has been known to kick a few goals in his time. People go to games to watch the stars, tagging while legitimate sometimes crosses the line, we need to make a statement because the AFL isn't going to.

Interesting coaches votes. Coaches agree on dusty BOG. Also agree that Shedda was up there. No other player got votes from both coaches by the looks.

Going by Dimma’s presser I think Sicily’s vote came from him
Had nothing but positive things to say about him and said loved his match up on lynch

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe it wasn't just bad form.....:shrug:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ichmond-s-ruck-conundrum-20190523-p51qf6.html

Hardwick has also expressed his satisfaction with the output of Dustin Martin as the Tigers deal with the loss of leaders Alex Rance, Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt for parts of the season.
"With the void that’s probably in our leadership group – or that’s left our leadership group at the moment – I’ve never seen a guy step up as much as him," Hardwick said of Martin.
"If you had have said to me 10 years ago … that he’d be doing the things that he’s doing now, I’d be shaking my head. He’s been nothing short of sensational.

"We’ve asked him to play different roles at different stages to help us get through this period, that’s been tough.
"Sometimes it’s been more of a role that’s been more beneficial to the team than Dustin.
He’ll put his hand up and play that every time.
"We’re just happy that he’s playing his role and we’re getting wins."

Last edited:
Back