Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god Mark Maclure is a senile old campaigner.

Just shoves negative stories down everyone's throats, won't listen to anyone's opinion other than his own and obviously knew he'd garner some attention not giving Dusty a vote. Genuine flog of the highest order.

Massive fat moronic flog.

UPDATE

Round-by round voting to round 17 for the various awards...

* represents the bye
Age: -8---88789-9*8787... 87 votes, not sure what the other contenders polled but pretty certain our man would be outright second (assuming Dangerfield polled 8 or more)

Herald Sun: -----21-23-3*3233... 22 votes, equal first with Dangerfield. Selwood and Sloane follow on 18

AFL Brownlow Predictor: -1---11-23-3*3-33... 20 votes, outright 3rd with Luke Parker and Danger leading on 21.

AFLCA: -7----38810-10*10-810... 74 votes, 3rd with Sloane (80) leading Dangerfield (79).

In seven rounds (7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 17) Dusty has polled in all four awards.
In two other rounds (2, 6) he has polled in three of the four.

Lot of controversy re: Mark Maclueless and the ABC radio votes- does anyone know of a link to their tally board?

I've got him second just behind Sloane and two ahead of Danger. Huge chance, polled well previously.

wasted under dimma

Who knows where he'd be without Dimma.
Pull your head in and take your pot shots at the mistakes, not the absolute rolled gold achievements.
This kid has been the best managed good news story in a long long time.

Pull your head in and take your pot shots at the mistakes, not the absolute rolled gold achievements.

With another coach he very well could have been sacked years ago along with Dan Connors.

load of s**t

your head is so far up dimmas bum its not funny :D

With another coach he very well could have been sacked years ago along with Dan Connors.
rubbish

wouldve been a better player quicker under another coach. ffs dimma played him on the half back line LOL

hahaha DH accredited for Martin. lol in here as he was the most gifted 18yo in his time and was touted to be the next Swan. FFS he was called a bull by Malthouse in his first season. I know it's sucking sad that in 7 seasons DH is yet to develop a single player and so Dusty is the only claim to fame for the silent majority.Clinton Casey says hi to you DH apologists as this was discussed in detail on here weeks ago.Next i will hear DH gave birth to him :smiley:

hahaha DH accredited for Martin. lol in here as he was the most gifted 18yo in his time and was touted to be the next Swan. FFS he was called a bull by Malthouse in his first season. I know it's sucking sad that in 7 seasons DH is yet to develop a single player and so Dusty is the only claim to fame for the silent majority.Clinton Casey says hi to you DH apologists as this was discussed in detail on here weeks ago.Next i will hear DH gave birth to him :smiley:

ahhh always lurking around threads stalking your prey and ready to pounce at the very first oppurtunity...

you think of development in such a 1 dimensional way, one coach alone cannot develop a player, especially the head coach who is responsible for over 40 of them...

besides all I was saying was that its possible Martin may not be there anymore if there was another coach at the helm..I could be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ahhh always lurking around threads stalking your prey and ready to pounce at the very first oppurtunity...

you think of development in such a 1 dimensional way, one coach alone cannot develop a player, especially the head coach who is responsible for over 40 of them...

besides all I was saying was that its possible Martin may not be there anymore if there was another coach at the helm..I could be wrong.
when you see 40-50 blokes just drop out of the system with one dh at the helm it's elementary and very one dimensional if it has any dimension at all??
More close to Dimmamentia:thumbsdown:
Now stalking around threads ,i would think you have that well covered :rolleyes:

when you see 40-50 blokes just drop out of the system with one dh at the helm it's elementary and very one dimensional if it has any dimension at all??
More close to Dimmamentia:thumbsdown:
Now stalking around threads ,i would think you have that well covered :rolleyes:

twisting my words again I see?

development is the responsibility of the entire coaching staff (line coach, head coach, development coaches etc), experienced teammates especially the leaders, and obviously the player themselves are part responsible for their own development.

theres a whole range of factors involved in a players development...
Its not like they sit around the table going "ok Dimma you develop dusty, Leppa you develop Rance, ill develop Cotchin"

no one coach is fully responsible for a players development...

twisting my words again I see?

development is the responsibility of the entire coaching staff (line coach, head coach, development coaches etc), experienced teammates especially the leaders, and obviously the player themselves are part responsible for their own development.

theres a whole range of factors involved in a players development...
Its not like they sit around the table going "ok Dimma you develop dusty, Leppa you develop Rance, ill develop Cotchin"

no one coach is fully responsible for a players development...
So you give DH the credit for Dusty based on all the other failures?
Why would i bother twisting your words as you're good at doing that yourself?
This FD wouldn't know the first thing about development so i agree there,but DH is the figurehead so the buck stops with him.
also i do agree they don't sit around a table ,but probably more likely lying in bed:p

"Accredited"? Sucking sad? Clinton Casey?
What the hell are you talking about?

Hardwick has been a major factor in the development of Dustin, both on and off field.
Deny that, please TigerImposter and you'll confirm your status
You have to prove it first before I can deny it. What do you base it on? DH has developed not one single player and our list testifies this as in 7 years we've gone from crap to basically crap with no other A graders on our list .now who have we beaten ? Essendon twice .Brisbane ,CFC ,Suns and Freo. The only team we e beaten above us is the Swans, but it's common a poorly coached side pulls one out of its arce in a bad year. In 08 we beat the Hawks and other seasons we've jagged one. Your not going anywhere with those victories and apart from the Pies game we've been flogged this is why our % is 89 and 173 extra points kicked against us. Dustin Martin was touted a gun well before DH even knew about him. Go back to your hole as you've come back out to flex your muscles after a win against Essendon and claiming Martin as DH victory in 7 seasons . FFS

image.jpg

Last edited:
You have to prove it first before I can deny it. What do you base it on? DH has developed not one single player and our list testifies this as in 7 years we've gone from crap to basically crap with no other A graders on our list .now who have we beaten ? Essendon twice .Brisbane ,CFC ,Suns and Freo. The only team we e beaten above us is the Swans, but it's common a poorly coached side pulls one out of its arce in a bad year. In 08 we beat the Hawks and other seasons we've jagged one. Your not going anywhere with those victories and apart from the Pies game we've been flogged this is why our % is 89 and 173 extra points kicked against us. Dustin Martin was touted a gun well before DH even knew about him. Go back to your hole as you've come back out to flex your muscles after a win against Essendon and claiming Martin as DH victory in 7 seasons . FFS

View attachment 267337

Status confirmed ✅

Dusty was "born to play AFL" (his own words I believe). Maybe give him some credit for the player he has become.

Of course mate, I just object to the suggestion that Hardwick hasn't had a significant hand in his development. "Wasted under Dimma" what a crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back