Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were losing close crucial games where he could be the difference and he wasn't turning up I'd be concerned. As it is, we either win a close one and he plays well where needed, or we get belted so it wouldn't make a difference. If anyone has credits in the bank to not worry about form it's him

Last edited:

I'm not being reactive mate I'm more concerned. Maybe using the word sh*t was in bad taste. Dusty is my favourite player and has been for many years.

The last two games he has played are probably the worst in regards to form I have seen him play. In the past even when he has had bad games you could still say he was in some area. It just seemed like he was struggling to keep up with the game.

Like I said I'm more concerned than anything.
No he wasn't , stop overreacting

100% the definition of overreacting

The definition of over reacting is a reaction based on little to no cause.

As I stated in the begining my warding was wrong as I am nearly worried that he might be carrying an injury or something else is going on which based on his normal output and effiency it was a fair call.

Safe to say after last night I am relieved.

The definition of over reacting is a reaction based on little to no cause.

As I stated in the begining my warding was wrong as I am nearly worried that he might be carrying an injury or something else is going on which based on his normal output and effiency it was a fair call.

Safe to say after last night I am relieved.
Last night again proved you were overreacting. He played well last week and was bog this week

[
Last night again proved you were overreacting. He played well last week and was bog this week

From your perspective, you should try looking from someone else's.

It's not just me who is/was concerned, apparently he is carrying a foot injury which has hampered him when comparing to his usual output.

[

From your perspective, you should try looking from someone else's.

It's not just me who is/was concerned, apparently he is carrying a foot injury which has hampered him when comparing to his usual output.
That was earlier in the year. He doesn't have that now and you can't expect him to do his finals like output for every game of the year . Noone can do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dustin Martin is continuously held to a much higher standard than most other players and often, to get a full understanding of the influence he has on the game and his teammates a second or third viewing is required.

Having said that - he did pick up 9 coaches votes this week.

Cannot put my finger on it, but just doesn't seem right. Is he carrying an injury or two? He is going ok and it is not September but.............

Play him in the ******* midfield.

He has had 5 games with over 25 disposals this season. In 2017 (brownlow year) he had less than 25 four times in the whole season.

It's great when we can afford to play him deep forward when we have our midfield cattle but we are missing so many players there that it defeats the purpose and strength of being able to isolate him 1 on 1.

Play him in the ******* midfield.

He has had 5 games with over 25 disposals this season. In 2017 (brownlow year) he had less than 25 four times in the whole season.

It's great when we can afford to play him deep forward when we have our midfield cattle but we are missing so many players there that it defeats the purpose and strength of being able to isolate him 1 on 1.

Yeah Dimma still using him in the same role that allowed him to stay forward when we had a prime Cotch, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards and co roaming through the mids.

Dimma is cooked as much as the players.

Doesn't seem 100% this year, doing ok but not Dusty like.. he will bounce back
Dusty started on fire this year, while a fair few of our other senior players played very poorly.
im sure that had an effect on dusty, imagine being that good and watching your team mates ham it up time and time again.......poor form is contagious, so is confidence

Dusty started on fire this year, while a fair few of our other senior players played very poorly.
im sure that had an effect on dusty, imagine being that good and watching your team mates ham it up time and time again.......poor form is contagious, so is confidence
LOL

No we are blaming Dusty's poor run on other players.... hahahaha give me a spell...

If you are the so called best, you perform irrelevant of support
If you are a leader, you drive change in the underperforming players, not slink back into a form slump with them

He may be the best tiger a lot of us have seen, but don't go making up bullsh*t excuses for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back