Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

******* hell 250. What a player. For me he is the GOAT in vfl/afl history. Best ever player to play our game and he plays for US. so lucky to have watched him play all these years.

So many moments I remember him by but definitely the stuff that stands out to me are his late last qtr goals in all our gf wins to basically put the cream on the cake and tell all us fans it's time to ******* PARTY.

Those goals with the tug of the jumper brings tears to my eyes.
86483A96-82B5-4896-AF6F-B7FDA4D28D76.jpeg 1926CE7E-F19D-42EB-974B-69DE3AC0BC91.jpeg CCFCE7F9-D131-41C1-9884-2DF98315D402.jpeg

A few more highlights added to the reel tomorrow.
Amra Ekta Cinema Banabo

The movie above which is the World’s longest running movie at 21 hours wouldn’t be enough time to hold Dusty’s highlights.

The bloke is a God.

You won’t see too many better player highlight montages than Dusty’s.

His goal in the 2017 Prelim where he breaks Corr’s ankles and bananas it through, effectively killing the game at the start of the 4th quarter is the one for me.

All forms of bodily fluids evacuated my body at that moment.

His goal in the 2017 Prelim where he breaks Corr’s ankles and bananas it through, effectively killing the game at the start of the 4th quarter is the one for me.

was a fantastic moment in my life time :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost my breath and voice in one hit at that moment

All the years of pain just came out in one long tribal yell

Lost my breath and voice in one hit at that moment

All the years of pain just came out in one long tribal yell
For me the 2017 PF was the best... and after that goal I was ecstatic
Was telling my brother and sister that he was pointing at me in the crowd after that goal ...

Article on sen for the 250 game milestone man.

Snippet:
We all know the player.
The class, the power, the deft touch, the brute force, the tattoos, the medals, the success.

But we’re all trying to crack the code of what sort of bloke he is.

There is a perverse desire (among some of us) to truly understand what makes Dustin Martin tick.

What drives him? What influences him? What does he strive for?

Former Richmond assistant coach Justin Lepptisch has more clues to cracking the ‘Dusty’ code than the rest of us after spending years getting to know the man.

“He’s one of the most respectful people I’ve ever met,” Leppitsch told SEN.com.au.

“He’s not aloof at all. He might come across that way publicly.

“I live down in Mt Eliza and he’s always wanting to bring players over, come for dinner, he’ll kick the ball with the kids in the backyard, he’s that sort of guy.

“He doesn’t say a lot, and he doesn’t say a lot even behind the scenes as well, but he loves winning, he loves the team environment. That’s his life - his mates and the club and the team.

“I think that really is his family.”

On Saturday night when Richmond graces the hallowed turf of the MCG, Martin will join elite company.

At the age of 29, Martin becomes the 25th youngest player and the 11th fastest in the history of the game to reach the 250-game milestone.

It has taken him a little over 11 seasons to join the likes of Andrew McLeod, Chris Judd, Michael Voss, Matthew Pavlich, Gary Ablett Junior, Scott Pendlenury and Mark Ricciuto as one of the youngest to 250, missing only eight games over the journey.

Plus an interview with former Richmond president Gary March

The president at Punt Road from 2005 to 2013, March reflects on Dustin Martin's growth as a player and person ahead of his 250th game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back