True.
94633e87ef41120c579e5cff32b155d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
My vote was in there 🤣

Hes got Grimes and Vlastuin 16 and 19.
Jayden Short and Shai Bolton in the 20s
Cotchin 46

Jack and Tom Lynch strangely off the list

1000% he has a private profile on there for just him and the boys!

Get used to this and expect much less Dusty “behind the scene”

He has a new account with only friends and some ex girlfriends. He posts stories rather than photos. The stories he posts don’t allow friends to comment. Also heard he has asked friends and tiger players not post anything with him in it.

It’s amusing considering when he linked himself to Swanny who’s the most social active afl player and wanted to gain social recognition. And now he wants nothing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ranking Dusty's GF goals from all players, both sides, I would go:
1/His first goal, collects ball , delivers a don't argue sprinting away from goal and snaps behind himself from 35m.
The unbelievable skill and the time of the game make it number 1.
2/ Last quarter handball steal off Stanley, brushes aside Dangerfield, powerful snap from the boundary.
Just exquisite skill , anticipation and balance.
3/Handball recieve under pressure , sidestep and 55m low grubbing torp .An audacious and inspiring goal .
4/ Right foot slider from 40m after contesting a spoil.
Another incredible moment in the game and again elite skill and balance.
EFA

He has a new account with only friends and some ex girlfriends. He posts stories rather than photos. The stories he posts don’t allow friends to comment. Also heard he has asked friends and tiger players not post anything with him in it.

It’s amusing considering when he linked himself to Swanny who’s the most social active afl player and wanted to gain social recognition. And now he wants nothing

Not only does it stop him getting in trouble for stuff, it also makes any content that does get released “exclusive” and people will eat it up (documentaries etc). Basically the exact opposite method that Danger goes with, ie: ram myself down the throat of everyone in Melbourne.

Not only does it stop him getting in trouble for stuff, it also makes any content that does get released “exclusive” and people will eat it up (documentaries etc). Basically the exact opposite method that Danger goes with, ie: ram myself down the throat of everyone in Melbourne.

Danger has to put himself out there; after all he is the AFL Players President and someone who can show the public an AFL players life.

I reckon Dusty less interaction on social media has a lot to do with Carr and his “MJ” doco plus now he only posts for promotions to his sponsors like bonds, Kennedy, Voost which he would get additional money for each post

Cotchin 46

I was going to say that Shane Edwards being omitted stood out to me, but then saw that the list is the "Best of 2020" so I can understand him being left off after taking so much time off this year. Lynch & Jack didn't have the best year either, so it's not a huge shock.

Cotchin 46

If you don't watch every game of the year it's impossible for me to judge. I only watch games we are in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching 'The Goat' change his boots multiple times in the 2020 GF was bugging me...So i googled it. NOT much there, but found this interesting.

Puma had remade his favourite boots that he wore.

Don’t buy into that nonsense heard other stories of puma / Carr / Dusty not on same commitment

Watching 'The Goat' change his boots multiple times in the 2020 GF was bugging me...So i googled it. NOT much there, but found this interesting.

There's not much talk about the boot sponsor any more now that BT has stopped fixating on what brand are being worn.

This article by Mitch Robinson after the grand final touched on the boot change briefly.

Tom Lynch, I was wrong.

You don’t think you are a good player, you bloody are.

The Grand Final wasn’t a big night for tall forwards and everybody loves to hate a villain, and I confess to trying to get under your skin from time to time.

But I can tell you first-hand the Richmond faithful have your back, and now you’ve got two premiership medals. PS: stop messaging me now Tiger army, enjoy the win.

Of course, Dustin Martin was the hero on the big stage — again. The TV cameras caught Dusty coming off to change his boots a couple of times in the first half, which might have looked strange to fans at home. But I doubt he was going for long stops, I might be wrong but it’s a personal thing for him to have the right boots on. My fiance Emma has painted boots for him and if he’s not feeling it, he’ll change things up, even switching between Nike and Puma mid-game. Whatever he did, it worked.

This bloke deserves his own award. Brett Ratten once told me great players are born in finals footy, I always yearned to have that opportunity to play in a Grand Final and we were close this year. Leigh Matthews’ quote sums it up: “Dusty is the only player I don’t get insulted being compared to.”

A word, too, on Gary Ablett Jr. I often get asked who was the hardest player I’ve played on or tagged in a game, I would have to say it’s this bloke, the little magician. Out of all the traits you talk about when you mention his name in a sentence, you can now add courageous. All the cortisone in the world wouldn’t help him get through Saturday night’s game, but a Grand Final in your last outing, that courageous effort will now be added to your resume.

Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch enjoy another premiership. Picture: Sarah Reed

Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch enjoy another premiership. Picture: Sarah Reed

The first eight minutes of the Grand Final summed up what a crazy year it has been.

Our Round 1 game against Hawthorn was the weirdest game I’ve ever played in. In the last quarter Hawthorn players were talking about having another Mad Monday and we were like, ‘What are they talking about?’. We found out after the game Gillon McLachlan had postponed the season.

So we did a full pre-season, played one game, then had another 10-week pre-season, following the exact same program. We were training our arses off but the hardest thing was not actually knowing if we were going to be playing again, so that’s were the mental demons can get you.

Then when the season resumed the worst-case scenario happened — a player tested positive for COVID-19.

I’m part of the AFL Players Association delegates group and during the shutdown we were talking about how do we support that player, whoever it was, because we knew he would be eaten alive.

In the end it was a bit surreal. We thought if a player tested positive and it went through a club the season would be over, but he had another test and it came back negative and even now I’m not sure if he actually had it or not.

It was an incredibly hard, strange season for all the players.

This article gives a some more insights into the gift giving promotion:

AFL star Dustin Martin has reflected on his “special” grand final moment in Brisbane as he continues to celebrate in Queensland.

The Tigers spearhead was awarded a historic third Norm Smith Medal in Richmond’s grand final win over Geelong, which was played at The Gabba at night for the first time in October, and described the final siren as his personal highlight.

“Being up here and a night game it was very different, but it was awesome. It’s always good to experience different things,” Martin told The Courier-Mail.

“When the siren goes and just embracing your teammates after the win, it’s very special. And the fun afterwards is always good.

Dustin Martin with kids - Denzel North, Giacomo Calabrese, Samuel Stanway, Arden Hogan, Kyrah Willett and Lucas Berson - from Brisbane youth charity, Kickin with a Cuz, at Eastern Suburbs Football Club in Brisvabe on Friday. Picture, John Gass

Dustin Martin with kids - Denzel North, Giacomo Calabrese, Samuel Stanway, Arden Hogan, Kyrah Willett and Lucas Berson - from Brisbane youth charity, Kickin with a Cuz, at Eastern Suburbs Football Club in Brisvabe on Friday. Picture, John Gass

“It was just amazing. I couldn’t be prouder of our group and our club. It was a special year, I’m really looking forward to getting back and getting stuck into it for next year.”

Martin has been holidaying with friends in Queensland for the past six weeks and yesterday visited the Eastern Suburbs Football Club where he took a group of Brisbane kids through an AFL lesson and handed out gifts as part of his partnership with Bonds.

The kids were supported by former Socceroo Jade North’s local charity Kickin with a Cuz, which reaches young boys and girls through football and enables them to make better life choices.

Martin was handing out gifts as part of Bonds’ Christmas initiative with Givit. Picture, John Gass

Martin was handing out gifts as part of Bonds’ Christmas initiative with Givit. Picture, John Gass

“I think everyone needs a bit of guidance, especially as a young kid, just to help you make the right choices in life, so it’s a really great thing that Jade’s doing,” Martin said.

“For me it was probably just family, mum and dad, they were always trying to point me in the right direction. I might not have listened all the time.”
“I’m grateful that I could be here and help out.”

Bonds has linked with Brisbane cause Givit and is sending out 1 million gifts to people in need, including the kids in North’s charity, across Australia for Christmas.

Australians can donate gifts to people in need via
givit.org.au

Dusty has 5 sons and another on the way but doesnt want anybody to know about it ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back