Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

AA Team is about best players all season. Grimes and Vlastuin were that.
What a load of tripe regarding your AA criteria as Fat Hawkins and Hurn made it. Go and look at the team and see who played well all season. Flossy played just as many good games as Martin, but Martin is super elite and a game breaker.

He was ordinary first half of the season.

I think this narrative that he didn't do anything till after the bye is rubbish. He gets marked harshly cos of his 2017 season IMO.

No doubt he wasn't as damaging as he has been previously, which leads people to say he wasn't good at all, but before the bye:

R1 - 30 disposals, 15 CP, 7 I50 and 5 CL
R5 - 25 disposals, 16 CP, 3 goals, 8 I50, 5 CL
R7 - 25 disposals, 12 CP, 2 goal assists, 2 R50, 4 I50, 3 CL
R8 - 23 disposals, 1 goal, 2 goal assists, 5 I50, 4 CL
R9 - 37 disposals, 17 CP, 2 goals, 1 goal assist, 4 I50, 10 CL
R10 - 35 disposals, 8 I50, 8 CL, 1 goal assist
R11 - 21 disposals, 3 goals, 5 tackles, 3 I50, 3 CL
R12 - 26 disposals, 1 goal, 4 tackles, 5 I50, 6 CL
R13 - 32 disposals, 2 goals, 5 R50, 5 I50, 3 CL.

You put those numbers up for anyone else and they're getting AA and being talked up for having such an awesome year. He's a victim of his own ability.

He averaged 27 touches and a goal a game which is elite. He also averaged a goal assist a game too.

Total BS that the number one and most influential player in the AFL isn’t in the AA team. What a bunch of embarrassing idiots as he should be first picked. After I just gave them credit for selecting Houli, they then pull this stunt. They’re having a lend of us. Morons the lot of them.
AA reps dont give you premiership medallions. I hope this motivates him to become... Mr September! Just to show everybody else who is The Boss.

He's tracking that way.

AA reps dont give you premiership medallions. I hope this motivates him to become... Mr September! Just to show everybody else who is The Boss.

He's tracking that way.
Check out the 2017 team. I’m sure there have been Premiership players every year in AA team. Keep changing your story though.
I’m discussing my disappointment in Martin not making the AA team and that’s my bitch and I don’t care about anything else atm.

Last edited:
AA teams are now no longer relevant to me as Dusty not making it is the biggest slap in the face to the selection committee and to the whole concept in general.
Dusty or Hawkins?!?
Dusty or Darling?!?
This AA bull sheet ought to be the last award for the Season, taking into account the GF and the Brownlow and other awards...
And only 22 players picked...
Picked by the current Coaches...
And called All-Stars...

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this narrative that he didn't do anything till after the bye is rubbish. He gets marked harshly cos of his 2017 season IMO.

No doubt he wasn't as damaging as he has been previously, which leads people to say he wasn't good at all, but before the bye:

R1 - 30 disposals, 15 CP, 7 I50 and 5 CL
R5 - 25 disposals, 16 CP, 3 goals, 8 I50, 5 CL
R7 - 25 disposals, 12 CP, 2 goal assists, 2 R50, 4 I50, 3 CL
R8 - 23 disposals, 1 goal, 2 goal assists, 5 I50, 4 CL
R9 - 37 disposals, 17 CP, 2 goals, 1 goal assist, 4 I50, 10 CL
R10 - 35 disposals, 8 I50, 8 CL, 1 goal assist
R11 - 21 disposals, 3 goals, 5 tackles, 3 I50, 3 CL
R12 - 26 disposals, 1 goal, 4 tackles, 5 I50, 6 CL
R13 - 32 disposals, 2 goals, 5 R50, 5 I50, 3 CL.

You put those numbers up for anyone else and they're getting AA and being talked up for having such an awesome year. He's a victim of his own ability.

He averaged 27 touches and a goal a game which is elite. He also averaged a goal assist a game too.
We all know he was ordinary by his standards the first half of the season. Stats are meaningless.

Check out the 2017 team. I’m sure there have been Premiership players every year in AA team. Keep changing your story though.
I’m discussing my disappointment in Martin not making the AA team and that’s my bitch and I don’t care about anything else atm.
I don't think Martin will care himself tbh, why would he.

Don’t want to put words in Dices mouth but think he is saying Dusty won’t care if wins another premiership medallion.

Personally hope he wins that, Norm Smith and Gary Ayers (deserves way more prestige too) Medals to stick it up them all.

Who said he did? We do as Tigers though and I expect our players to be rewarded for putting in stellar performances for our club.
This is not about what Dusty thinks as it’s a fan footy forum.
He has many awards, Vlastuin has 0, we should be more upset for him. Besides they're only individual awards.

Don’t want to put words in Dices mouth but think he is saying Dusty won’t care if wins another premiership medallion.

Personally hope he wins that, Norm Smith and Gary Ayers (deserves way more prestige too) Medals to stick it up them all.
Read my previous post to MTF. I personally think it’s rubbish that the best player in the competition isn’t recognised irrespective of whether Dusty cares or not. It’s a fan forum and I’m entitled to express my displeasure in the matter irrespective of what Dusty thinks or what other achievements he gets in the future. I’m commenting on him being disrespected by a bunch of envious has beens.

So does Dangerfield, Ablett and Fyfe as this is irrelevant as I’m discussing my disappointment in Dusty being ripped off. If you want to sulk about Flossy then go to his thread.
Why do you care so much about another person trophies/accomplishments?

Read my previous post to MTF. I personally think it’s rubbish that the best player in the competition isn’t recognised irrespective of whether Dusty cares or not. It’s a fan forum and I’m entitled to express my displeasure in the matter irrespective of what Dusty thinks or what other achievements he gets in the future. I’m commenting on him being disrespected by a bunch of envious has beens.
Best player in the comp? he doesn't have to defend.

There's a few better players, not many but a few.

Why do you care so much about another person trophies/accomplishments?
The same reason why you care about Flossy missing out. Now as I said this is a fan forum and I’m entitled to my opinion. Can you go on the AA thread and criticise other loyal fans who were disgusted over Martin being left out?

The same reason why you care about Flossy missing out. Now as I said this is a fan forum and I’m entitled to my opinion. Can you go on the AA thread and criticise other loyal fans who were disgusted over Martin being left out?
I'm laughing so hard at you being so angry about such a trivial issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back