Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty starting to get mobile and play on his toes again, made all the difference from a few months back. Which l wonder was he carrying an injury? He was super.

did a knee in the demons preseason game didn't look right until after the bye

Mark Williams’ pride in Dustin Martin’s ability to overcome anxiety and mental health obstacles
Dustin Martin wasn’t always the Brownlow Medal-winning, Grand Final-destroying prime mover he is today. The man who helped him through his early-career struggles opens up on the bond he shares with the Tigers’ superstar.
Glenn McFarlane and Jon Ralph, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
an hour ago
Mark Williams says he’s proud of Dustin Martin’s development into one of the game’s best players. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
Mark Williams says he’s proud of Dustin Martin’s development into one of the game’s best players. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
MORE IN SPORT

‘Goodbye for now’: Dockers defend ‘bold’ Lyon axing

Rowe’s long wait for 100 almost over

Giants demand answers on wounded Haynes

similars

Mark Williams couldn't be prouder of Dustin Martin's evolution on and off the field, thrilled a player he helped mentor continues to prove his critics and doubters wrong.
Williams says his part in the Richmond star’s transformation has provided great personal satisfaction as Martin has successfully worked through his mental health issues to become one of footy’s most dominant players.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SACKED PODCAST

Williams worked closely with Martin in his early AFL years during his time as a development coach with Richmond.
But he says Martin’s growth as a person in that time has helped make him the player he is today — one of the game’s most admired figures.
Sacked_Promo_650_90_V2.png
3f1b5159dd0008ed26d82babe23bbeae

“The (Martin) journey (has been great) ... to sit on the bench when he come off with all the insecurities and anxiety about stuff, and to be able to lead him on and help him along the way (has been satisfying),” Williams told the Sacked Podcast.
“I am so proud of how far he has come.
“I remember when my youngest son (Louis) was at Caulfield Grammar and we decided to help Dustin in talking to the Year 9 (students) about his journey.
“Dustin had never talked to anyone in his life. We put a presentation together with slides. The headmaster said ‘I’m worried he is going to swear in front of the kids’.
“They wrote back (after the presentation) and said ‘this was terrific, he can come every year and talk to the students’.”
Martin and Williams built a strong bond at Richmond. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
MORE SACKED FROM CHOCO:
AXED: ‘IF YOU FIGHT THIS, YOU’LL BANKRUPT PORT’
PAIN: CHOCO COULDN’T BURY HIS MATE TWICE

CHOKER? ‘ALAN SCOTT, YOU WERE WRONG!’

One of the game’s best kicks, Martin has been a strong advertisement for the Sherrin Precision ball, which Williams created and designed to assist players of all ages and sizes in honing their kicking skills.
The leather version of the Sherrin Precision is now being used by nine AFL clubs, with advocates including Martin and four-time premiership player Shaun Burgoyne.
“I’m a Phys-Ed teacher and I have seen, for years, parents, coaches and teachers struggle with how to teach players how to kick, so I invented this ball,” he said.
Williams says he and Dusty will always be friends.
***Live stream the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on KAYO SPORTS. Every match of every round. Live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >
“It’s got a big sweet spot on the end of it and it has a spin line that gives immediate feedback.
“There are also 15 one or two-minute videos (with drills).
“My heart and soul is about development, my heart and soul is seeing the struggles of people and finding a solution.
“I had Shaun Burgoyne doing this kicking when he was 18.
“I had all the Giants players ... I have photos and videos of the Richmond players doing it.”
Williams and his family maintain a strong relationship with Martin, despite the fact he hasn't been at Richmond since the end of the 2016 season.
“I look forward to the friendship continuing for many years to come,” he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS ought to be screaming blue murder about the non touching of the bont about his hit on their young player...out for the Season! NO PENALTY!!!
effing out rageous this minnow club equalization cos the tiger's record membership and game's attendances are filling AFL coffer$!!!

Mark Williams’ pride in Dustin Martin’s ability to overcome anxiety and mental health obstacles
Dustin Martin wasn’t always the Brownlow Medal-winning, Grand Final-destroying prime mover he is today. The man who helped him through his early-career struggles opens up on the bond he shares with the Tigers’ superstar.
Glenn McFarlane and Jon Ralph, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
an hour ago
MORE IN SPORT

‘Goodbye for now’: Dockers defend ‘bold’ Lyon axing

Rowe’s long wait for 100 almost over

Giants demand answers on wounded Haynes

similars

Mark Williams couldn't be prouder of Dustin Martin's evolution on and off the field, thrilled a player he helped mentor continues to prove his critics and doubters wrong.
Williams says his part in the Richmond star’s transformation has provided great personal satisfaction as Martin has successfully worked through his mental health issues to become one of footy’s most dominant players.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SACKED PODCAST

Williams worked closely with Martin in his early AFL years during his time as a development coach with Richmond.
But he says Martin’s growth as a person in that time has helped make him the player he is today — one of the game’s most admired figures.
Sacked_Promo_650_90_V2.png
3f1b5159dd0008ed26d82babe23bbeae

“The (Martin) journey (has been great) ... to sit on the bench when he come off with all the insecurities and anxiety about stuff, and to be able to lead him on and help him along the way (has been satisfying),” Williams told the Sacked Podcast.
“I am so proud of how far he has come.
“I remember when my youngest son (Louis) was at Caulfield Grammar and we decided to help Dustin in talking to the Year 9 (students) about his journey.
“Dustin had never talked to anyone in his life. We put a presentation together with slides. The headmaster said ‘I’m worried he is going to swear in front of the kids’.
“They wrote back (after the presentation) and said ‘this was terrific, he can come every year and talk to the students’.”
MORE SACKED FROM CHOCO:
AXED: ‘IF YOU FIGHT THIS, YOU’LL BANKRUPT PORT’
PAIN: CHOCO COULDN’T BURY HIS MATE TWICE

CHOKER? ‘ALAN SCOTT, YOU WERE WRONG!’

One of the game’s best kicks, Martin has been a strong advertisement for the Sherrin Precision ball, which Williams created and designed to assist players of all ages and sizes in honing their kicking skills.
The leather version of the Sherrin Precision is now being used by nine AFL clubs, with advocates including Martin and four-time premiership player Shaun Burgoyne.
“I’m a Phys-Ed teacher and I have seen, for years, parents, coaches and teachers struggle with how to teach players how to kick, so I invented this ball,” he said.
***Live stream the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on KAYO SPORTS. Every match of every round. Live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >
“It’s got a big sweet spot on the end of it and it has a spin line that gives immediate feedback.
“There are also 15 one or two-minute videos (with drills).
“My heart and soul is about development, my heart and soul is seeing the struggles of people and finding a solution.
“I had Shaun Burgoyne doing this kicking when he was 18.
“I had all the Giants players ... I have photos and videos of the Richmond players doing it.”
Williams and his family maintain a strong relationship with Martin, despite the fact he hasn't been at Richmond since the end of the 2016 season.
“I look forward to the friendship continuing for many years to come,” he said.

Was a great article until they made it into an add towards the end about those footys he sells

#1 candidate for the worst article of the year.
Id sue if i was Dusty

Id sue if i was Dusty

Watching Dusty meet his fans on Wednesday was like watching a teenage boyfriend meeting his girlfriend’s dad,” Flowers wrote. “He looked uncomfortable. Annoyed. Hurried. Anxious.

Lol * off mate. People are allowed to be uncomfortable and such, especially when you ask personal questions about a relationship that neither party has acknowledged. What an entitled twat!

Id sue if i was Dusty
WAYNE FLOWER, Journalist
Herald Sun, News Corporation ASX:NWS,
6 September, 2016
Australia’s Worst Journalist announces a new nomination THE GUTTER JOURNALIST – Wayne the Wilted Flower. He increases the large number of Gutter and Sewer journalists that are members of the Herald Sun staff.
Flower wrote an article for the Herald Sun on Tuesday September 6 headed ‘Edelsten Acts for Himself’. This story was not properly investigated and is full of lies. Edelsten was not forced to represent himself, in fact he was not required to make any submissions but chose to respond to His Honour’s invitation to do so. It should be known that Edelsten has a Master of Laws, a graduate of Leo Cussen Institute and represented himself at the Federal Court before the late Mr. Justice Burchett, who congratulated his performance.
The despicable wilted Flower mentions bankruptcy in 2014 but deliberately fails to mention that this bankruptcy was discharged in 2015, this is typical gutter journalism. Readers of the Herald Sun should be aware that this journalist is an outright liar and none of his stories can be believed in any way. News Limited should terminate such an immoral character who has breached the Journalist’s Code of Ethics.
The wilted Flower should be aware, particularly as he gave Edelsten no opportunity to answer some of these outrageous lies, that he was not tired and appeared to be dressed sartorially elegant and looked much younger than his years.
Gutter journalist wilted Flower, go down the drain where you belong.
218A64AB-23A3-4CD4-8560-854797AF3754.jpeg FC0C8A36-D616-4CED-9C09-0DC9F0633973.jpeg

WAYNE FLOWER, Journalist
Herald Sun, News Corporation ASX:NWS,
6 September, 2016
Australia’s Worst Journalist announces a new nomination THE GUTTER JOURNALIST – Wayne the Wilted Flower. He increases the large number of Gutter and Sewer journalists that are members of the Herald Sun staff.
Flower wrote an article for the Herald Sun on Tuesday September 6 headed ‘Edelsten Acts for Himself’. This story was not properly investigated and is full of lies. Edelsten was not forced to represent himself, in fact he was not required to make any submissions but chose to respond to His Honour’s invitation to do so. It should be known that Edelsten has a Master of Laws, a graduate of Leo Cussen Institute and represented himself at the Federal Court before the late Mr. Justice Burchett, who congratulated his performance.
The despicable wilted Flower mentions bankruptcy in 2014 but deliberately fails to mention that this bankruptcy was discharged in 2015, this is typical gutter journalism. Readers of the Herald Sun should be aware that this journalist is an outright liar and none of his stories can be believed in any way. News Limited should terminate such an immoral character who has breached the Journalist’s Code of Ethics.
The wilted Flower should be aware, particularly as he gave Edelsten no opportunity to answer some of these outrageous lies, that he was not tired and appeared to be dressed sartorially elegant and looked much younger than his years.
Gutter journalist wilted Flower, go down the drain where you belong.
View attachment 731637View attachment 731638
Looks like the evil guy out for vengeance from a movie set in 17th century London

Remove this Banner Ad

Back