Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Tigerchamp19

Senior List
Nov 3, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 410773 the moment a young dusty was drafted and change richmonds future towards what it is now.
Here's even a younger and younger dusty!

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I read on another forum there was a suggestion this video was a cut and paste job! Now I freely admit technology is not my strong suit but how would one go about cutting and pasting and inserting that into an official blue tick celeb's instagram story?

Anyway why is it seen to be such a big deal from the media about who or where Dustin Martin spends his holiday time? The level of incredulity is interesting and certainly over the top with almost an element of disdain. Even the media carry on regarding leaving his car at the MCG or the hiring of a driver to take him to Sam Lloyd's wedding was ridiculous - where was the praise for showing a level of maturity regarding NOT drinking and driving? Tatts and a hair style do not make someone a 'bad boy of the AFL" of which Dustin Martin has been labelled rather unfairly in my opinion and it seems to be a view that the media are desperate to perpetuate.

As Jack R said on AFL360 after the grand final - Dustin is a megastar. The incredible natural talent added to hard work and a very team first attitude has resulted in an elite athlete who on a world stage would be far more celebrated. AFL is uniquely Australian and we can become very used to seeing the uniquely talented do extraordinary things on a weekly basis. Martin makes the difficult look incredibly easy and as he does it so often it becomes commonplace to us and we tend to take for granted what is right in front of us.

Who knows if Martin has already spent time these holidays with other top class athletes as it's only due to her own instagram that we know about Serena Williams and from there it has become known of the upcoming meet up with Tom Brady. Williams and Brady, two athletes with great success and longevity in their chosen sports and who better to spend time with prior to heading back to Australia ready to prepare again for the upcoming footy season, especially because at the start of 2019 Martin himself opened up about his struggle with motivation & mental health issues in 2018 off the back of the incredible heights of 2017. The growth and maturity of Dustin Martin over the past 10 years has been a pleasure to watch and long may he mingle with superstar sportspeople as he celebrates premierships. :richmond:
clapping.gif

Hounddd

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2012
🏆🏆🏆
AFL Club
Richmond
The media blows up everything regarding Dusty due to his incognito nature and overall disdain for the limelight. He's the reverse Dangerfield, and it makes him so much more desirable to the media in general. He's an enigma and is the biggest and best player in the game.

He lets his footy do the talking (and boy oh boy does it talk), and lets the flogbuckets like Dangersuit seek the interviews and airtime. He's a closed book and everyone is so interested in him because of it - even if most are just trying to find a chink in this special player's armour.

Met him once, and I can say without doubt he's the most humble person I've come across.

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I read on another forum there was a suggestion this video was a cut and paste job! Now I freely admit technology is not my strong suit but how would one go about cutting and pasting and inserting that into an official blue tick celeb's instagram story?

Anyway why is it seen to be such a big deal from the media about who or where Dustin Martin spends his holiday time? The level of incredulity is interesting and certainly over the top with almost an element of disdain. Even the media carry on regarding leaving his car at the MCG or the hiring of a driver to take him to Sam Lloyd's wedding was ridiculous - where was the praise for showing a level of maturity regarding NOT drinking and driving? Tatts and a hair style do not make someone a 'bad boy of the AFL" of which Dustin Martin has been labelled rather unfairly in my opinion and it seems to be a view that the media are desperate to perpetuate.

As Jack R said on AFL360 after the grand final - Dustin is a megastar. The incredible natural talent added to hard work and a very team first attitude has resulted in an elite athlete who on a world stage would be far more celebrated. AFL is uniquely Australian and we can become very used to seeing the uniquely talented do extraordinary things on a weekly basis. Martin makes the difficult look incredibly easy and as he does it so often it becomes commonplace to us and we tend to take for granted what is right in front of us.

Who knows if Martin has already spent time these holidays with other top class athletes as it's only due to her own instagram that we know about Serena Williams and from there it has become known of the upcoming meet up with Tom Brady. Williams and Brady, two athletes with great success and longevity in their chosen sports and who better to spend time with prior to heading back to Australia ready to prepare again for the upcoming footy season, especially because at the start of 2019 Martin himself opened up about his struggle with motivation & mental health issues in 2018 off the back of the incredible heights of 2017. The growth and maturity of Dustin Martin over the past 10 years has been a pleasure to watch and long may he mingle with superstar sportspeople as he celebrates premierships. :richmond:
Agreed....so much talk about him 'partying' with Williams....looked more like a 'chill out' to me!

Spending time with Williams and Brady? Good on him.

These two are athletes that have managed to stay at the top of their games for years!

Who better for Dusty to learn from?

We all know he’ll be back in December ready to go, so I hope he enjoys the rest of his off-season, he deserves the break.

dustinlmartin4

Debutant
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Now word is he is going to catch up with Tom Brady

I can only assume Tom Brady watched the 17 & 19 GFs & was like 'woah I have so much to learn from this guy'

That’s right Ralph most likely has organised the Brady set up as well as this one with Serena. Ralph knows EVERYTHING Dusty does so him saying he wasn’t sure how this happened tells me he/Dusty hiding the mutual friend possible Dusty holiday flame

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I think most commentators had no idea that when Dustin Martin kicked his fourth goal in the grand final it was also his 250th AFL goal. The only one I can remember making any comment was Tony Leonard (I think) who had already mentioned it earlier when Dustin was lining up for the goal after marking in the 3rd quarter, right before he kicked that beautiful pass to Marlion Pickett.

PlayerGoals
Jack Riewoldt574
Dustin Martin250
Ty Vickery153
Shane Edwards133
Trent Cotchin114
Brett Deledio94
Shaun Grigg86
Josh Caddy84
Jason Castagna81
Robin Nahas79

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
apparently KB and a group of other former AFL luminaries were discussing publicly if Martin is the GOAT
KB.lol
Like most of the media when it comes too Dusty.
Hypocrites!

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Well its my local club...turned out ok haha
Played a season in the Bendigo league back around 1989/1990 or so. Dean Notting (who kicked five on debut for the Tigers at Morrabbin if I'm not mistaken) was playing for you guys. Is that big old tree still sticking out over a part of the ground?

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Played a season in the Bendigo league back around 1989/1990 or so. Dean Notting (who kicked five on debut for the Tigers at Morrabbin if I'm not mistaken) was playing for you guys. Is that big old tree still sticking out over a part of the ground?

lol Dean Notting, he used to chuck that replay on anytime he could when teaching at Whitefriars 🤣

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I did a bit of backtracking (after my infamous thread about our 2016 season review) and decided to focus on dusty and his 2013 look see at other clubs before resigning.

Wow...the melts and the speculation and drama, dusty is a bonafide superstar in all aspects of the game.

Back