Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gets 3 this round, would need 6 from a possible 15 to equal Dangerfield last year, 7 to surpass
View attachment 395491

Unlikely Dangerfield got votes this week. He shouldn't anyway. Possibly sitting at 29 vs 24.
He will poll v Melbourne IMO (32 touches, a goal and a monster last quarter. Jack will get 3) and is a very good chance of getting the 3 v GWS first time around. 35 touches with sublime kicking. I rate his first GWS game as his third best game behind the R1 and the North game.

To truly capture Martin's influence, we need to borrow the basketball term 'triple double'. Because that's what Martin has done in racking up 40 possessions, 12 inside 50s and 14 clearances against the Brisbane Lions last round and 31 possessions, 10 inside 50s and 11 clearances against GWS. The Tiger's ability to win the ball so prolifically at clearances and to deliver it inside 50 so often – with foot skills that are more precise than Dangerfield's – makes him almost impossible to shut out of a game. Dangerfield has recorded triple doubles himself, but where Martin has had two in the past two weeks the Cat has had just two in his career (last year against North Melbourne in round 12 and Melbourne in round 23).

200.webp

His reaction at the siren means his staying. That game meant plenty to him and the team if you're leaving you don't celebrate like that.

I can't recall any image of Dusty, during or after a game that doesn't suggest he could be more #eci.

Every photo, piece of footage of Dusty on his own, with the team or supporters I have seen makes it unfathomable he is leaving.

I know others played their last season out but Buddy was keen to get to Sydney and Gazza was keen to get to the end of the :rainbow::moneybag:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 395694
Leads the AFL Brownlow predictor from PD 29 to 24 votes.
Leads the Herald Sun 32-26.
15 behind PD, and only in fifth place in the Age award.
Just overtook PD this week in the AFLCA award.

Lmao wtf the age???

Merrett ahead of him? Hahahahaha

None of this would be happening if we just signed Marley Williams last off season, Martin is as good as gone.

Well played Shinboners.

Lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back