Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

When I was undergoing my cancer battle I lost one of my kidneys
I had to have multiple stents put in to try and keep it functioning
After the procedure I was pissing blood for days and felt like razor blades

I was going to say it felt pissing fire but razor blades is another good comparison.

Hope you're going well now mate 👍

I was going to say it felt pissing fire but razor blades is another good comparison.

Hope you're going well now mate 👍
Yeah all good for the most part
One testicle and kidney lighter along with a couple of on going things but by comparison they are nothing

Plus it gives me some fun story’s and a chance to guilt trip people about it every so often, I got NaturalDisaster a beauty once

Yeah all good for the most part
One testicle and kidney lighter along with a couple of on going things but by comparison they are nothing

Plus it gives me some fun story’s and a chance to guilt trip people about it every so often, I got NaturalDisaster a beauty once

Sure did numbnut :thumbsu:

When Dusty is more recovered will he sit in the coaches box or hang out with Dane Swan and the crew?

When Dusty is more recovered will he sit in the coaches box or hang out with Dane Swan and the crew?

I think Dusty has surpassed Dane in all aspects and yeah he’s probably still a mate but Dusty is maturing.

Dane Swan acts like a *******, the guy uploads video of himself on Instagram reviewing Samboy chips and Allen’s lollies.

Tom Lonergan had the serious kidney injury in 2006, lapsed in and out of a coma.
He returned to play a role in the 2011 premiership.

We all need to stop dissecting it - AFL is a collision sport - players know the risks and its why we love the game

No, Neil tried to push dusty over the ball, big difFFFFFF

There was nothing in it from Neale regardless, I agree he did nothing wrong, just a normal contest for the ball.

But I was responding to a post that said Dusty initiated contact with Robinson, which is nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a pessimistic attitude towards the recovery is not constructive, each to their own.

Last edited:
Get well soon Dusty. This guy has been an iron man.

I think at the end of his career it will come out he has played through a ton of injuries given his physical style. He is just a freak.

And it took a freak accident to take him out. Injuries look too much to overcome this year for us so not a bad time for him to rest and recharge if you try to look for positives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back