Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't hear any Lifeline mentions on ABC radio news.
Sad if that is the case.
Bailey Smith is taking time off too.
Best wishes to Dustin and family.
Instrumental in Richmond winning three premierships.
Not to justify or rationalise it, but if Shane had a public history of depression, then it comes as less of a shock.
The Danny Frawley death was a real shock.

Last edited:
Just found out that Dustin's dad has passed.
I hope Dustin and all the family get great support which will be needed.
Dealing with grief is a highly personal thing and effects people in different ways.
Just going through this process my self as my father passed 4 weeks ago.
But Dustin your dad would be so very proud of you sir.

Dealing with grief is a highly personal thing and effects people in different ways.

Sad to hear. Hope he had a decent run at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope your doing on mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredibly devastating news. I heard of his passing yesterday (& the means of his passing), but it seemed in bad taste to post and potentially fuel speculation.
The loss of a father transcends club rivalry, and football in general, so I just hope Dusty has his network around him and supporting him because he’s certainly going to need it.

Although footy is pretty irrelevant right now, if anyone can play (& dominate) in the midst of such intense emotional distress, we all know it’s Dusty. Wishing him and his family, and the Tiger Army, the most sincerest of condolences. RIP Shane.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I heard about it first thing in the morning, and same I thought it would be in poor taste to post about it. Glad it didn’t come out on here before the media reported it.

Heartbreaking news. RIP Shane.

It would not shock me if he walked away from the game but I have a feeling footy is all he has and loves to play for his dad and family and he has incredible team mates I just hope he doesn’t go off the rails I’m sure the club and team mates will rally around him to support
Dusty is very level headed - has his endorsements and property portfolio. At worst he may need time off preseason, which the club will give as much as he needs. A an extremely sad situation but one we all hope he will deal with in his way and then get back to his mates for support in January.

It would not shock me if he walked away from the game but I have a feeling footy is all he has and loves to play for his dad and family and he has incredible team mates I just hope he doesn’t go off the rails I’m sure the club and team mates will rally around him to support

Could go either way. He could play inspired by his memory. Guess time will tell.

Dusty is very level headed - has his endorsements and property portfolio. At worst he may need time off preseason, which the club will give as much as he needs. A an extremely sad situation but one we all hope he will deal with in his way and then get back to his mates for support in January.
The saddest part is he can’t go for the funeral. Me tangi, kāpā ko te mate i te marama

Remove this Banner Ad

Back