Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Really? Is the border with NZ completely closed? Yeah....not good.

From personal experience - it's ******* ridiculous.

NZ still has 7 day hotel quarantine for international travel, with most spaces booked out months in advance and very limited emergency capacity.

Once you're in there, you can apply for early release on compassionate grounds.

In both those instances (emergency quarantine + early release), if the person has already died the bureaucrat's attitude is literally 'why rush, they're already dead'

EDIT: quarantine period recently reduced from 14 to 7 days

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
From personal experience - it's ******* ridiculous.

NZ still has 7 day hotel quarantine for international travel, with most spaces booked out months in advance and very limited emergency capacity.

Once you're in there, you can apply for early release on compassionate grounds.

In both those instances (emergency quarantine + early release), if the person has already died the bureaucrat's attitude is literally 'why rush, they're already dead'

EDIT: quarantine period recently reduced from 14 to 7 days
My feeling is he will do everything he can to get there. And so he should.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
It would not shock me if he walked away from the game but I have a feeling footy is all he has and loves to play for his dad and family and he has incredible team mates I just hope he doesn’t go off the rails I’m sure the club and team mates will rally around him to support
I’d be shocked , dusty has faced plenty of adversity throughout his career , no doubt this will impact dusty hard However footy will play its part and pulling his life together. Footballers don’t generally have much outside of the game , doing nothing is hardly gonna help . All the very best dusty

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
sad-tigger.gif

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
He could throw all his money and it won’t make a difference. It’ll be up to the NZ government and their treatment and conditions on entry to their country

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not sure where the money reference comes from. My point was he would be doing everything he can legally, as you mentioned, to get over there, and perhaps may need extra time off preseason.

Richmond would undoubtedly support Martin if he wanted to take an extended break from the game, but the star has not suggested he wants to step away and the club expects him to return with teammates for training on January 10 after the Christmas break.

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
Need to talk to someone?
Don't go it alone. Please reach out for help.
Lifeline: 13 11 14 or lifeline.org.au
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or beyondblue.org.au
Beyond Blue's coronavirus support service: 1800 512 348 or coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 or kidshelpline.com.au
Headspace: 1800 650 890 or headspace.org.au
Are you anxious? Take the Beyond Blue quiz to see how you’re tracking and whether you could benefit from support

Why is this here?
Tough time for all those close, like any bereavement, but why the mental health message?
Is someone making a massive assumption on cause?

Why is this here?
Tough time for all those close, like any bereavement, but why the mental health message?
Is someone making a massive assumption on cause?

Same reason all the news articles had it

Back