#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's on the cusp of being quite the player/

He's built up a bit, got a lot of strength in his core and not afraid to give a fend off. Got great athleticism, can jump for a mark, apply great pressure. and is a man playing with confidence. He's just about a lock for me and I think he's only going to get better.

Also his kicking is not as bad as I thought. I am sure I am not the only person who was surprised he nailed that set shot v the Eagles late on. I had penciled that in for a behind.

He's opposite to a few of our guys, poorer shot at goal on the run, but a solid set shot.

I really like Harmes, like i'm probably going to admit i'm biased towards him. He is my Kent to Topkent. It's hard but i have to keep my tongue back on changes threads because usually he's first to cop it, i really want to argue his point but of course i really can't at times, he still has a lot of developing to do. Most people see him as fringe and i can understand that, but i love him in our 22 (bias). Outright underdog in our team at times and is always first to get the chop after a loss or even a win at times.

Played a ripper of a game today, took me back to that of the last round of 2015. if he plays like this consistently, he currently holds what was formerly Buggs spot. A bit of niggle, a bit of jump in the forward line, But a better finnish imo

Up the nut

Hes got a little of bit of campaigner in him. I like it

I am also biased towards Harmsey because Im friends with a mate that played footy with him at Devon Ghettos
(Formerly known as Devon Meadows)
He says Harmesy has a younger brother that is as if not more talented, Playing at Devon Meadows, also could be targeted for a potential club that wishes to draft him

Last edited:
I'm still unsure if he's a long term player but excellent today. If Petracca had played the 1st quarter that Harmes did the hype would be immense.

His marking was brilliant and his ball use was also brilliant. I think he's capable of being a very good player but who still makes terrible mistakes. But his first quarter was as good as Robbie Gray could play

I had a dream that Harmes signed a 5 year contract extension. I'm no contemporary Joseph with his Dreamcoat but I can only guess that this will mean he has a shocker of a year and is delisted in disgrace.

Last edited:
I had a dream that Harmes signed a 5 year contract extension. I'm no contemporary Joseph with his Dreamcoat but I can only guess that this will mean he has a shocked of a year and is delisted in disgrace.

Sounds like a BigFooty player sponsorship is on the cards...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those of us who don't have an account ....
Trac, Tyson and Harmes were courtside for Rockets v Sixers. After the game Simmons took them back to NY, and then took them to a private party with LeBron. Doesn't sound like it was many people either, pretty exclusive company.

Trac, Tyson and Harmes were courtside for Rockets v Sixers. After the game Simmons took them back to NY, and then took them to a private party with LeBron. Doesn't sound like it was many people either, pretty exclusive company.

Can just imagine Harmesy sitting back showing LeBron some of his marks and don't argues telling him what a star he is back in Oz.

I really like the way Harmes goes about it. Has intensity and pace. Is a great mark for his size. Apparently giving the pre season a real good crack to.
It hard to find a spot for him in best 22 but I won't be surprised if he finds his was in. Just not sure a whose expense.
Instead of rewriting his post from last preseason I’m just quoting it as I feel Harmes again will be pushing hard for best 22. I think he offers a lot as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back