#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harmes is the sort of bloke who could become a superstar. He would have to become one of those freaks who dedicates themselves to training and extra sessions etc but he's good at everything just inconsistent.

If we didn't have Oliver/Hogan/Brayshaw people would talking about what an exciting 50 game player we have.

Fair chance he just ends up being a very good 150-200 game player but there's a reality where he becomes a gun I reckon.

Ah well we all get it wrong sometimes (except me ;))

There has been a handful of players that have divided opinion that all seem to be coming into their own and maturing. Club noticed their talent early and has got them playing 50 games together

Brayshaw/Omac/ANB/Harmes/Melksham

I think that's one reason we belt sides now is because the group has played a decent amount of footy together already

We have a good core group with some experience now;

Tyson - 101
Viney - 95
Hogan - 69

Salem - 64
Trac - 56
Lever - 67
Oliver - 54
Brayshaw - 52
ANB - 53
Hames - 63
Omac - 51
Hunt - 46

Kent - 61
Frost - 63

Stretch JKH Wagner 30-40 games

Add in a couple of mature recruits in AVB, Fritsch, Hannan in the same age group with 15-35 games. I'd love to see that middle group this time next year with 20 more games under our their belts.

Earned a lot of respect today

Seemed to be one of the only ones out there not to go into their shell/utensil up every decision going inside 50

Rose to the occasion across 4 QTRS when not many others did

Also seems to be relishing the extra responsibility that more time in the guts/a run with role is providing whilst still keeping an aggressive mindset to continue taking the game on and running forward aggressively, with Viney out the Harmes run with role has been a good find

Even took a hanger and did a don't argue, good stuff

I got torn to shreds for saying he was a best 22 lock in the pre season

My man has justified my call. Would liked to have seen him thrown forward late in the game yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got torn to shreds for saying he was a best 22 lock in the pre season

My man has justified my call. Would liked to have seen him thrown forward late in the game yesterday

Yeh I thought he would be fringe again this year but has gotten stronger as the season went on. Good call.

Not sure we could afford to lose his run in the middle yesterday to have him up forward. Was powerful through the middle.

He has been excellent and is close to my favourite MFC player now.

Always liked him, but never knew he could be this good.

His happy go lucky demeanour in the interview with Burgo post game s**t me to be honest..

Reminded me of this:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

That interview sounds like a bloke who's just repeating Goodys crap.

Really annoyed to hear that goody is pushing the positives, needs to put pressure on the blokes not continually letting them off the hook

to be honest, anything put out their for the media is just keeping up appearances. We'd have no idea of the real conversations goodwin would have with the players behind closed doors.

Here is me starting fights with Kent's back in 2016 about Harmes. If anyone gets to claim him he's me.

The board would be froffing over Harmes if he was a pick 8

Harmes has enough tools to be a good player at melbourne for a long time if developed properly and he works hard
My point was our board has a tendency to only see the good in high picks early and only see the bad in low picks early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost feels like Goody is too scared to roast the players for fear of losing them.

I feel like Goody doesn't think we are ready yet so there's no point roasting the players..He must have an internal measure of where he thinks we are and we must be exceeding it.

Here is me starting fights with Kent's back in 2016 about Harmes. If anyone gets to claim him he's me.

I've been giving him some recognition for a few years so I'd like a partial claim. Say...5%?

I don't deserve the other 95% because I wanted him dropped back at the start of the year when his form was down...

I feel like Goody doesn't think we are ready yet so there's no point roasting the players..He must have an internal measure of where he thinks we are and we must be exceeding it.

Surely not ffs, we should have played finals last year.

If we don’t win another game this year we’ve gone backwards, the 5 losses to bottom 6 teams last year cost us finals but at least we knew we could mix it with anyone, now we are just a pathetic flat track bully.

Surely not ffs, we should have played finals last year.

If we don’t win another game this year we’ve gone backwards, the 5 losses to bottom 6 teams last year cost us finals but at least we knew we could mix it with anyone, now we are just a pathetic flat track bully.

Listen to all of his press conferences and messages..It's all about the development and the journey. Not immediate improvement.

His happy go lucky demeanour in the interview with Burgo post game s**t me to be honest..

Reminded me of this:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

I didn't spend much time at the ground after the finish, but did see his reaction on the siren. Looked absolutely ******* ropable. Its a shame they probably got a pat on the back and a milky way in the rooms though, seems like the standards being driven aren't all that high. See Goodwin after the Cats game, "we're getting sick of this happening" and Goodwin yesterday "eh, I reckon we'll get there".

Almost feels like Goody is too scared to roast the players for fear of losing them.
What does he have to gain by publicly roasting his players?

What does he have to gain by publicly roasting his players?

Nothing in public, but he certainly doesn't fire them up in his QT addresses. But hey, maybe he tears into them at HT.

Yeah I need at least 5% as well for backing in Ol Chompers

I’m also the one who came with the taining idea of having him throw bricks at the trains on the cranbiurne line

Roasting players doesn’t work anymore, not to say the occasional spray or good talking to doesn’t work. But imaging going to work everyday and at a moments notice your boss flys of the handle, after a couple times it wears thing and you stop listening.

Reminded me of this:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Uncanny resemblance. Can't tell whether you photoshopped and switched their eyes there. No discernible difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back