Goals: 7
Yabby Medal votes: 34 (third)

Averages

Kicks: 10.8 per game
Handballs: 5.8 per game
Disposals: 16.6 per game
Marks: 4.9 per game

Milestones

Played 100th AFL game (round 1, 2019 against Adelaide)

Standout

Round 15 (versus West Coast Eagles): Earned the maximum available Yabby Medal votes for his 21 disposal, five tackle game against the Eagles where the Hawks took it right up to the Eagles for the majority of the match, but couldn't hold on for the upset win after leading by five points at three-quarter time. Impey's run and carry from half-back was important to set up the play further up the field.

Shocker

Round 18 (versus Geelong): Tearing his ACL early in the second quarter was a shocking way to finish the season and will put his involvement in Hawthorn's 2020 campaign under a cloud (given how late in the season the injury occurred).

4 - Jarman Impey (2018)

Would have finished top 5 in the Crimmins Medal if not for his injury. Had a great year!
I think he'll comfortably finish top 5. He was very good in a number of losses (hence he didn't poll all that well in the coaches award) and I expect him to be borderline leading the Crimmins at round 18

Great year, feels wrong he won't be there round one next season, but he'll have many other round one appearances for the club.

This guy was unbelievable. By half way through the season became our most courageous and important player/playmaker. Need him back and fit ASAP.

A real breakout year for him. I saw a lot of him when he was at Port and always rated the talent but the consistency is what he has now to take it to the next level. A good training block for the run in to finals next year.

A very good summary. Still pissed off a Geelong player tunneled him and got away with nothing after doing his knee deliberately.

But he became the bloke who took the intercept mark and exploded forward. (Which is why he got tunneled)

Very good year as a player, as for improvement as good as anyone else. I'm struggling to think of anyone who improved more this year in Hawthorn colours. I'll probably come up with someone but it'll be more a kid who's just starting off.

Does anyone know where he's at with training? Being a July injury, could he be back by say round 8ish next season or would he need at least 12 months of rehab then mini pre season?

I can't advise on the rehab schedule but doubt the club will be pushing to get him back early with his obvious importance to our side. After the bye would be an early call but there is a lot of time still to pass.

If he didn't go down with an injury, it is fair to say he'd have been a possible winner of the PCM, definitely top 5 and probably a place getter. Super season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know where he's at with training? Being a July injury, could he be back by say round 8ish next season or would he need at least 12 months of rehab then mini pre season?
Was reading an article recently that recommended 24 months recovery. I would understand the club if he missed all of next season, but I guess it's a lot about his progress and confidence and where CJ, Birchall and Scrimshaw are at too.

Brilliant to extend JIMPS. Had an amazing season and would have finished up there with Worps.

Unfortunately he would be unlikely to feature in 2020??? Or if he does it would be very very late in the season.

If we are performing well, I highly doubt the mix would be altered so deep into the season.

KOLOKOTRONIS
12 months (Round 18) was 21st July.

Should be back for finals

Aha! We'll keep the whole competition guessing on our contracted players. Until the AFL announces contract status at the beginning of every year (those coming out, UFA, FA) then we and everyone else will remain ignorant. Officially at least. Nice. Mind games.

Aha! We'll keep the whole competition guessing on our contracted players. Until the AFL announces contract status at the beginning of every year (those coming out, UFA, FA) then we and everyone else will remain ignorant. Officially at least. Nice. Mind games.

Um, another club could contact a player's agent and quickly find out the length of the contract from the agent. Alternatively, they could contact the AFL and find out the information (all contracts must be submitted to the AFL as part of the list lodgment process).

This withholding of the contract length only serves to keep club members and supporters in the dark.

Um, another club could contact a player's agent and quickly find out the length of the contract from the agent. Alternatively, they could contact the AFL and find out the information (all contracts must be submitted to the AFL as part of the list lodgment process).

This withholding of the contract length only serves to keep club members and supporters in the dark.

Your reason in the face of my off-season mindlessness is a confounding presence.

If we are finals bound it would dictate that the mix is sound (didn’t mean for this to rhyme). I would say highly unlikely to feature in this scenario.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Sweet rhymes man!

Sure, the mix may well be working - or we may be sitting 8th with a desperate need for rebound from defence, but winning close games against sh**ty opponents.

IMO, if he's completed his re-hab & fitness work, he'll come back in; be it Round 18 or Round 2 of Finals.

In saying that, I've read a couple of articles these last few weeks that suggest that 2x years is better than 1x year, for ensuring that an ACL doesn't re-occur. I'm not sure if there's much science behind that or if it's simply a stats thing (maybe you could statistically prove that 3 yrs is better than 2 & 4 is better than 3 etc.), but if that were the case & 2 was demonstrably better than 1yr - it may be worth sitting him out the whole season & bringing him back in 2021; effectively giving him 19-20 months from the time he did the original injury.

That aside, I reckon we'll see him back by August 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back