Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Jobe has been a class above the others in my limited viewing of intra-club practice games.
Agree.

Looks super fit and his poise and delivery, especially by hand, look phenomenal. You can see in the video he has the confidence to hold and hold until the right option appears and he's then releasing perfectly weighted handballs to send guys away.

It bodes well - Watson, Heppell and Myers will boss the stoppages more often than not and can then release Zaka, Merrett, Parish et al. Shaping as our best midfield for a very long time.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree.

Looks super fit and his poise and delivery, especially by hand, look phenomenal. You can see in the video he has the confidence to hold and hold until the right option appears and he's then releasing perfectly weighted handballs to send guys away.

It bodes well - Watson, Heppell and Myers will boss the stoppages more often than not and can then release Zaka, Merrett, Parish et al. Shaping as our best midfield for a very long time.
It would be strange and the AFL may end up with red faces should Jobe have an excellent year and win the Brownlow for 2017;)!!

WEEVZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Agree.

I think working with Greg Williams again will serve him extremely well. In fact I'd say it'd help all our ball winners. I'd say the 3 mids we'll have at the centre bounce in round 1 will be Jobe, Dyson and Zach.

It would be strange and the AFL may end up with red faces should Jobe have an excellent year and win the Brownlow for 2017;)!!
If Jobe were to win the Brownlow it'd certainly be a massive "get stuffed" to the AFL chiefs. Regardless, in my view (and I'm sure many here share this view) Jobe will always be the 2012 Brownlow Medallist and if the AFL had any decency they'd acknowledge that.

I think working with Greg Williams again will serve him extremely well. In fact I'd say it'd help all our ball winners. I'd say the 3 mids we'll have at the centre bounce in round 1 will be Jobe, Dyson and Zach.

If Jobe were to win the Brownlow it'd certainly be a massive "get stuffed" to the AFL chiefs. Regardless, in my view (and I'm sure many here share this view) Jobe will always be the 2012 Brownlow Medallist and if the AFL had any decency they'd acknowledge that.
Why would it be a 'get stuffed' to the AFL chiefs. I don't think they have it in for Jobe Watson (or EFC anymore). Watson had to lose his Brownlow after the CAS ruling and I doubt any of the AFL chiefs or anyone involved took any joy out of any of it. It was just something that had to happen.

Last edited:

Autobahn

Cancelled
May 24, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jeremy Cameron
I would like him to win it and when accepting say thanks but no thanks to the award and walk off
I can just see it now
tumblr_n09qy0uwMJ1t1xc0so1_400.gif

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon

Would love it, if he was the clear favorite, he should skip the night so the AFL would be robbed of their moment of glory, but then again Jobe has too much class to treat the AFL has it deserves.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Aplomb. That's what he would do it with. He may even use another language, from time to time, this year. ;):gradcap:

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Agree.

we will see a bit of McGrath and Tippa running through too.
Both are quick, strong and have great awareness.

Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Imagine meeting some random in a cafe and getting together and then afterwards finding out it's someone of Jobe's profile back here.

..completely unacceptable deception by Jobe, yet another example of poor decision making, leadership, and guvnence. This *ing club..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, Jobe was never, ever going to captain the team this year. Why the **** would he want to?

And, the ultimate team man knows the team is best served by him focusing on and enjoying his footy, with a fresh enthusiastic face at the helm
But this -
Sat next to Woosha in the team photo.

Write the C next to his name in pen.

;)

Like I said, Jobe was never, ever going to captain the team this year. Why the **** would he want to?

And, the ultimate team man knows the team is best served by him focusing on and enjoying his footy, with a fresh enthusiastic face at the helm
Because he doesn't want me coughing up that yen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back