Point Cook
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Red Sox, Man U, Chi Bears
538086_3843417542767_987919993_n.jpg

Discuss

Re: 4. Jobe Watson

Would like too see his kicking skills improve, it would take his game a hell of a lot further. Probably wouldn't spend as much time on the bench.

Can't fault his handball vision. It reminds me of Greg Williams. We all know that with better kicking skills he will be elite.

Would like too see his kicking skills improve, it would take his game a hell of a lot further. Probably wouldn't spend as much time on the bench.

His kicking has improved out of sight since the start of the year. He has shown that the weeks of kicking drills he did at training has really worked. Has been hitting targets by foot very well over the last 4 weeks or so.

After reading what Sheedy has said about him during the week i watched a few of his games again recently and i have to say im worried about Jobe. I hadnt really realised how bad he is at running both ways until i had another look. He really struggles to keep up with opponents and is often left trailing them by 10 to 15 meters when they have the ball. They get a lot of easy possessions when they play on him.
After watching todays game against Casey i have to say it didnt improve at VFL level. On big grounds he simply struggles to get anywhere near an opponent and his defencive game is ordinary at best.
He is great at the clearances. His disposal has improved but it needs to get more damaging but he has to find something as far as pace and ability to run goes.

After reading what Sheedy has said about him during the week i watched a few of his games again recently and i have to say im worried about Jobe. I hadnt really realised how bad he is at running both ways until i had another look. He really struggles to keep up with opponents and is often left trailing them by 10 to 15 meters when they have the ball. They get a lot of easy possessions when they play on him.
After watching todays game against Casey i have to say it didnt improve at VFL level. On big grounds he simply struggles to get anywhere near an opponent and his defencive game is ordinary at best.
He is great at the clearances. His disposal has improved but it needs to get more damaging but he has to find something as far as pace and ability to run goes.

I noticed the same things yesterday at Casey. Of our "senior" players thought that only Bradley, Dempsey really showed something. Jobe looked lost at times there and wasn't reading the way we were playing.

On SEN this morning Billy Brownless was quizzing Tim Watson about Jobes foot.

Apparently it could be broken and he is unlikely to feature again this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Jobe

his skills have improved a bit and he has trimmed down even more to enhance his running ability

Could Ant or someone that has been going to training tell me how Jobe Watson is travelling so far this preseason...? Has he trimmed down, improved his endurance, gained any injuries ??

Could Ant or someone that has been going to training tell me how Jobe Watson is travelling so far this preseason...? Has he trimmed down, improved his endurance, gained any injuries ??
Look over the training reports, it would proabably provide quite alot of info. He has trimmed down and is looking in great shape, is injury free and has improved on his skills from what ive heard. So hopefully he'll have a strong season in 08.
20475.jpg

Look over the training reports, it would proabably provide quite alot of info. He has trimmed down and is looking in great shape, is injury free and has improved on his skills from what ive heard. So hopefully he'll have a strong season in 08.
20475.jpg

Thanks for that Schmick....! :thumbsu:

All that's stopping him from taking the next step is his kicking. If his kicking has improved to a satisfactory level which has been reported by people attending training, he will take that next step.

People seem to forget he was using it very well at the start of '07 and had good confidence in himself before injury de-railed the second half of his year

I'm pretty sure he was spraying them in the first 5 or so rounds before getting his act together.

I think he can be the no 1 clearance guy in the comp this year and step up another level.

All that's stopping him from taking the next step is his kicking. If his kicking has improved to a satisfactory level which has been reported by people attending training, he will take that next step.
According to your theory, he woulv'e been classified as "elite" last year as his are skills better than satisfactory wouldn't he?

I think the thing that is stopping him from getting to the elite level is kicking arn't damaging enough and he doesn't hurt opposition sides when he moves the ball by foot. He made big improvement on it last year as when he got the ball he wasn't hurting our side when he moved it by foot, and it was at least effective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back