Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Heading to NY on Saturday and thought I would grab a coffee at Jobe's coffee shop because American coffee is awful stuff. Can anyone tell me the name and location?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jobe's not working there anymore- he's taken a year off to play football

He's obviously not performing that spectacularly well, but he's still managing to find the pill.

Can play for as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

His disposals are really letting him down. Turns it over and is missing shots at goal that he would normally get.
The other parts of his game are getting better as the season goes on.

Agree. His finishing has been a bit off.

Ah, I love Jobe. My absolute favourite ever Bomber I think.

Can't run, can't kick, but he's still getting the ball.

EDIT: Absolute best game of the year for him tonight. Selfishly, I would love to see him play on again next year. I think he can do it, (if he wants to), and we may be in a position to get a sniff of success.

Last edited:
Has lost nothing of his ball getting and hand balling skills. Kicking is back to where it started, terrible. Still think he makes us better as a team though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the reception from the crowd when he kicked that goal. Everyone absolutely loves him

For all the criticism opposition supporters throw at him, he continues to show that his football brain is a step ahead of most. To come back at his age and reach the form he is in now is a real credit to him. I really hope he is open to playing for as long as he can so that he might taste success with us because he deserves it. The one thing he is off with at the moment (his kicking) is not a consequence of age. He had to work hard for years to become a quality kick so it doesn't surprise that it is the one area he occasionally fluffs. I reckon it will only get better.

Not shy about getting involved in the tough stuff, hard tackling and following up his efforts, loving his contribution, surely he goes on next year, hopefully more.

When he had the set shot late in the 3rd, I told my 7 yr old son, this will lift the roof off if he kicks this. Sure enough, when he did kick the goal in the 4th, the noise was awesome, my son had a smile from ear to ear, felt like we were back where we are supposed to be, as a serious club again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back