Player Watch # 4: Kyle Langford - Better used forward?

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andronicus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Langford was a class above during match simulation on Monday. His vision in congested situations is a sight to behold.
Not sure if you are able to elaborate any more, but I'd love to hear a little more detail if you can.

Have you seen him train a few times this preseason?

yaco55

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
I watched
Not sure if you are able to elaborate any more, but I'd love to hear a little more detail if you can.

Have you seen him train a few times this preseason?
I watched Langford on Monday.

Bullet points

Clean ball handling
Find time and space
Chose good options
Better second efforts
Strength in the contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yaco55

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone else stand out, particularly in terms of potential improvement?
It was hard to get a gauge with most of the activity at the other end of the ground,combined with players shuffling in and out of activities - McGrath is a more powerful unit and seemed to use his pace more effectively - Ham looks the goods. Good burst of pace,evasive skills, and a reliable kick. Reckon he'll get a few AFL games in 2019.

AFL Club
Essendon
It’s been great to see this guy develop - definitely a slow burn but starting to yield serious results. He’s such an incisive ball user. Whilst it’d be great for him to get 30 touches each week, even 20-25 from him can be mighty damaging. Coupled with his improving body work inside the contest, and his overhead work when resting forward, he’s becoming a bloody good footballer.

Lore

AFL Club
Essendon
Moderator #4,242
Fined for umpire contact. /shrug
Essendon midfielder Kyle Langford has been charged with making careless contact to an umpire during the Bombers' clash with Carlton on Thursday.

Langford made contact with umpire Simon Meredith in the third term of the JLT Community Series opener at Ikon Park.

The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence and Langford can accept a $1000 fine with an early plea.
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-04/langford-charged

Top Bottom