AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting impression of Langford.

I'd say that Langford has the highest impact for possession among all of our mids. That might be because he doesn't pad out his stats with the high possession rates that are inevitable when you're one of the top 3 or 4 mids.

The way Langford started opening up the ground and setting up scoring chains with kicks and handballs in the second half of the year was getting close to the "e" word.

This.

Langford is total value with ball in hand.

Langford is on track to become a very good consistent player and could become something special.

Very happy with his progression & think that next year he should take his game to the next level.

He could become one of our most important mids next year.

Lav on the other hand needs a lot of luck and games to become a regular player.

Guys like Begley and Redman are in front of him imo and should be played in front of him if they are fit.

Personally feel that both Begley & Redman will become better prospects.

i think the crux of it is: Langford is ******* awesome, Laverde could potentially be ******* awesome, but he’s not yet even awesome.

What are we doing with this Laverde vs Langford thing on the last few pages?

I maintain that in 2016/2017 the better use of respective talents was to switch roles they were played in but it all became moot due to injury.

At this point in time you can only compare Laverde to Langford on potential. That says it all.

Why are we comparing Langford to Laverde? Langford is obviously more developed because he had less injuries. Langford is one of our best decision makers. Cool, calm and collected.

It wasn’t always like that though. A year ago, there wasn’t much difference between Laverde and Langford.

Laverde needs to be given time to develop.

Not saying he'll be as good but I really hope he plays a Shaun Higgins type of role for us for a while.

Shaun Higgins 2018? I don't see the similarities between the two other than both being excellent kicks of the ball. Higgins is a natural handball receive player whilst Langford seems to do his best work in tight .

Shaun Higgins 2018? I don't see the similarities between the two other than both being excellent kicks of the ball. Higgins is a natural handball receive player whilst Langford seems to do his best work in tight .
Neither are quick and are arguably the best users of each club going into 50 but yeah, that's a fair call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the machinations to becoming a bonafide star. Is very similar in style and grace as Jobe Watson. Brilliant extractor and disposer. Big improver in 2018. Will excel in 2019.

Back