AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

HUEHUEEHUEHUEHEUEHUe

Is there a replay of the incident because half the time it's the umpires that get in the way of the players.
You mean those guys and girls in bright green uniforms (so should be easily seen) and who run backwards away from stoppages (so cannot see what's behind them)?

He's another witches hat.

Might as well be built like Brayden Ham for the way he plays. He's hardly an inside mid and ought not to be thought of as a big body until he starts playing like one.

He's another witches hat.

Might as well be built like Brayden Ham for the way he plays. He's hardly an inside mid and ought not to be thought of as a big body until he starts playing like one.
Played his best footy last year more on the outside and being the link up man, not sure what the fascination is about him playing as an inside mid.

Played his best footy last year more on the outside and being the link up man, not sure what the fascination is about him playing as an inside mid.

If you look at who he ends up in the middle with he seems to me to be the "grunt".

If there is one thing out midfield doesn't need it is slow accumulators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we have stuff all available at that position.

Myers is meh and Stringer is best in spurts.

Langford - 15 posessions + 6 tackles, only 2 clangers from just 54% TOG.
As a comparison Tipungwuti - 12 posessions + 4 tackles, 5 clangers (almost 50%) from 85% TOG.
The only meaningful stat comparison is TOG otherwise using stats to compare a workhorse to an impact type player is useless

The only meaningful stat comparison is TOG otherwise using stats to compare a workhorse to an impact type player is useless
Wasn't meant to be a direct comparison, just that everyone seems to be pumping AMT's tyres and bagging Langford.
15 possies + 6 tackles in barely more than 50% TOG is nothing to sneeze at.

Langford has been awful in both games. No tog or other stats can help him.

Opposition mids too quick in mind. Second to too many contests.

Agreed. Going to have to slam Parish and Langford equally on this one.

Even his tackles are largely falling on already tackled players.

He's been irrelevant around the ball in both games. Even little things like being brushed off his line by an opponent as they approach the ball.

The physical side of his game needs to be 120% because his default really has no place in an AFL midfield.

As for his possessions, if he was using the ball as he was in the second half of last year it would be worth mentioning.

It would be fair to query whether we expect enough of our anointed and senior players.

In the vacuum I'm operating in, I'm asking Langford at training this morning why he thinks he should be playing round 1.

I didn't realize that he had been a consistent enough performer to coast through pre-season matches.

Funny that from what I've seen no one from Melbourne, Richmond, Freo, West Coast or Sydney has been cruising.

Brisbane and St Kilda have "had a dip" too.

At least we've been talked up by a media which thinks that counter-attacking goals are something which will sustain a finals campaign.

Last edited:
He wasn't great but did spend plenty of his limited time forward. Our team as a whole was just plain terrible around stoppages - not getting first hands - competing with Essendon players for the ball then bobbling it out to Geelong players sitting on the outside - poor defensive position at stoppages.

The umpires know they are the real stars of the show, the ones the public really want to see
Nothing I loved more than as an umpire to pay a deliberate out of bounds. The roar of the crowd.

Spine tingling.

Back