AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Parish took a couple of games to produce what he did today
Langford is gonna need a few games.
If he was at the level where he could step in for his first game in 5 weeks and perform, he wouldnt have been in the VFL those weeks

We were gonna struggle today. not a bad one to bring him back for to get his hands warm.
Stick with him and keep him forward.

Begeley coming back may make it hard for Kyle. I've been a big supporter of his but he has to do better with any opportunities he gets no Matter where he's played.

Parish took a couple of games to produce what he did today
Langford is gonna need a few games.
If he was at the level where he could step in for his first game in 5 weeks and perform, he wouldnt have been in the VFL those weeks

We were gonna struggle today. not a bad one to bring him back for to get his hands warm.
Stick with him and keep him forward.
Parish needed Myers to bugger off so he could play his preferred position. It's no coincidence that Parish also played very well in round 2, the other game Myers has missed this year. Langford freezes under body contact and won't make it as an inside mid. An Adelaide Tom Lynch role seems his best and only chance of making it at this stage.

Parish needed Myers to bugger off so he could play his preferred position. It's no coincidence that Parish also played very well in round 2, the other game Myers has missed this year. Langford freezes under body contact and won't make it as an inside mid. An Adelaide Tom Lynch role seems his best and only chance of making it at this stage.
HFF is his gig.
Enough trying to make players what they are not
Parish is a mid. Play him there
Langford is a forward. Play him there.

Blokes not an AFL midfielder and never has been. He’s not quick enough by hand or foot.

He’s a lead up forward.

Lead up forward?

Seriously 🙄

Let’s just admit the guy has no idea what he’s doing at league level.

To be a ‘ lead up forward’ in this comp is the hardest position of all to be good at.

He hasn’t got the aggression or speed of hand or foot to do anything that says he’ll make it in any position.

50 games and what has he got to show for it? A couple of good performances against weaker sides.

I know a spud when I see one and unfortunately for young Kyle he’s one big potato.

It’s a shame but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes in the big league.

Lead up forward?

Seriously 🙄

Let’s just admit the guy has no idea what he’s doing at league level.

To be a ‘ lead up forward’ in this comp is the hardest position of all to be good at.

He hasn’t got the aggression or speed of hand or foot to do anything that says he’ll make it in any position.

50 games and what has he got to show for it? A couple of good performances against weaker sides.

I know a spud when I see one and unfortunately for young Kyle he’s one big potato.

It’s a shame but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes in the big league.

The only time he’s ever really shown anything is as a lead up forward. His hands are alright in the lead and he’s a reasonable kick for goal (today aside).

I’d rather stick him there and see how it goes before putting a line through him. He’s clearly not a midfielder.

The only time he’s ever really shown anything is as a lead up forward. His hands are alright in the lead and he’s a reasonable kick for goal (today aside).

I’d rather stick him there and see how it goes before putting a line through him. He’s clearly not a midfielder.

You have faith in him and that’s ok.

But I’ve seen enough now to just dismiss him and give up all hope he’ll make it.

I wish it was different but the time has come to face reality about yet another young recruit who just can’t cut it at the elite level.

Footy is not for everyone.

Agree looks a lot more comfortable and confident when up foward. Looks lost in the midfield.

The best run of form he's shown at the top level is over the second half of last year and coincided with him being in the middle or on a wing imo. He wasn't a bull in congestion but even in traffic he was often able to release players in good positions.

I'm fairly surprised by his efforts across the JLT, opening rounds and today to be honest. Last year seemed like a good platform to build off and this year he has fallen through it.

Feel like he was a bit overrated on here last year but the pendulum has swung dramatically and now it feels like he's a bit underrated.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in that HFF role again. He kicks like usually does and it's a 2 goal, 8 mark, 16 possession game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to say that he's suffering because of all the options they had to develop a midfielder he was the wrong option, the characteristics which made him an option were not the ones we needed or which would translate quickly, but it does not explain his regression in the last 8 months.

He's been coddled in a team whose real self is pissweak contested work (taking a hot ball and handballing it to 7:00 as quickly as possible) and it seems to me to be very fair to say that he "put the horse before the cart". One thing leads to another and he is humiliated by the St Kilda match, made an example of over senior and more underperforming players and there goes any semblance of confidence.

Respect to Don Pike, even though he's the one who cost Adelaide the 2017 GF and who should have attended experimental brainwashing camp, he had the balls to drop Bryce Gibbs and Josh Jenkins.

Of course the team now needs a half forward who can run all day, who might also recapture the spark in the process as confidence builds, but we're not in the business of maximising talent on the list, no, we're in the business of standing for something.

Has played 3 games in 5 weeks, and been out of the seniors since round two.

Looked rusty as hell and had a bit of a 'deer in the headlights' vibe with ball in hand but i would suggest some of it would come down to rustyness.

Also, he is a forward Woosha, give up on the midfield thing and send him forward for Baguley. Mynott can have a crack at his midfield rotation.

Agree. I'm not sure on Langford making but playing him today was never gonna work. He needs to rebuild his confidence in the VFL and come back in a clearly defined role.

he is not an AFL footballer.

sooner everyone gets over it the less pain and misery there will be.

i feel as though there has been enough sample size to confirm.

Should play him as a forward for the rest of the year. Last year when he had a bit of confidence he looked really good. Prefer him than Myers.

he is not an AFL footballer.

sooner everyone gets over it the less pain and misery there will be.

i feel as though there has been enough sample size to confirm.

I still think he has the tools to be an AFL role-player. He's got a good pair of hands and is a pretty fair user of the ball (despite yesterday's efforts). He still doesn't seem to fully have adjusted to the speed of the game with his decision-making, and his intent sometimes seems off, but they are to an extent coachable; although it would also involve Langford really knuckling down and 'wanting it'.

For a variety of reasons I just can't see that happening with us as the waters appear pretty sullied. For his sake, I hope there's some interest in the trade period and for our sake I hope we can turn the 3rd round pick we'd probably get for him into a useful asset

Langford i feel is done now. Can look to move on from picking him in the future.
Ok VFL Player , but clearly not up to the hardness AFL Footy demands. No disrespect but he is not hard enough. And in the
AFL These days if you dont have a required level of physicality you simply wont make it.
Time to move on.

I still think he has the tools to be an AFL role-player. He's got a good pair of hands and is a pretty fair user of the ball (despite yesterday's efforts). He still doesn't seem to fully have adjusted to the speed of the game with his decision-making, and his intent sometimes seems off, but they are to an extent coachable; although it would also involve Langford really knuckling down and 'wanting it'.

For a variety of reasons I just can't see that happening with us as the waters appear pretty sullied. For his sake, I hope there's some interest in the trade period and for our sake I hope we can turn the 3rd round pick we'd probably get for him into a useful asset

every time he gets a chance he blows it i'm afraid.

the kid has played 50 games now - he missed 2 dead set shots in front of goal and makes numerous clangers each game.

just dont think hes up for it.

Back