AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He played a mixture of midfield and forward nearly every game championship. Where he would’ve earned his votes would’ve been when he was in the forward line taking marks and kicking goals, not floating around the packs and shirking contests during his midfield minutes.
He played more wing than forward and finished 4th in the best and fairest. Logically that would dictate that he got most of his votes, y'know, playing on a wing.

Tell me this, do you think his two 11 touch, 2 goal games against Gold Coast and GWS were better than his game against Hawthorne (27 disposals, 1 goal) and St. Kilda (29 disposals)?

Fantastic effort from Langford this year. Tall, strong, can take a mark, use the footy, kicks well for goal and runs well - has become, with Ridley, the most well rounded young player at Essendon.

Let’s be honest - the main knock on him was that he wasn’t hard enough and it wasn’t completely unfounded. It takes a mature young man to work through that, address it and fix it. Many are unable to do so. It speaks highly to character.

Not being mentioned on here as a prospective leader....throw in his best clubman award and perhaps he should be.

Would’ve gained most of his votes when up forward. Also staggering he polled more than McGrath, and that Smith finished 8th. Monkeys giving out the votes this year or what?
The format for our B&F has always been geared towards those who play the most games. McGrath missed 3 games, that’s huge in a regular season for the Crichton, let alone a 17 game season.

Honestly, he has been my whipping boy and I am happy to say that I am wrong.

I am glad that he has been able to put it all together and find a position that he not only excels in, but also accommodates his playstyle and approach to the contest.

Fantastic season from Kyle - I really hope he can back it up.

Fantastic effort from Langford this year. Tall, strong, can take a mark, use the footy, kicks well for goal and runs well - has become, with Ridley, the most well rounded young player at Essendon.

Let’s be honest - the main knock on him was that he wasn’t hard enough and it wasn’t completely unfounded. It takes a mature young man to work through that, address it and fix it. Many are unable to do so. It speaks highly to character.

Not being mentioned on here as a prospective leader....throw in his best clubman award and perhaps he should be.

He's pretty strong - something has clicked & he actually believes it now. Should (!!) have a solid career from now on.

Kyle Langford finishes 4th in the best and fairest as a wing for the majority of the year

BigFooty: bUt hE's a fOrwArd!!!1!

I'd still prefer him as a high HF personally - still a worthwhile discussion I think, irrelevant of where he finished. I had him pegged as 5th in the B&F (behind McGrath), but fully deserves to be there.

He seems to change the game when he's playing forward, he knows where and how to lead, and is close to the best set shot on the team.

No issues with him playing on a wing, I just think we could be a better team with him up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with everything except that we can't really consider him young anymore.

Back