Player Watch # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

andleanback

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
So is the theory that Dodoro was waiting on list sizes/salary cap before locking them in and Richardson decided to just give them a bit extra regardless instead of waiting any longer?
No in theory Doddoro didn’t want to pay the money they felt they were worth, Richardson thought they were worth the money. As I’ve previously mentioned he’s been trying to lowball those boys all year, it’s not like they’ve been asking for ridiculous amounts of money. Richardson was probably scared of other clubs sniffing around and got the deals done.

boncer34

Formerly "Doss"
Jul 11, 2005
Baghdad
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
No in theory Doddoro didn’t want to pay the money they felt they were worth, Richardson thought they were worth the money. As I’ve previously mentioned he’s been trying to lowball those boys all year, it’s not like they’ve been asking for ridiculous amounts of money. Richardson was probably scared of other clubs sniffing around and got the deals done.
Nah

Nifft

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
And you’ve heard the truth from a source have you?
The only way you could've known what happened for sure is if you were present at the actual conversations and decisions within the club as they happened, a fly on the wall so to speak. If that's not the case then what you've posted is just an interesting titbit on a footy forum that may or may not be true.

andleanback

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
The only way you could've known what happened for sure is if you were involved in the actual conversations and decisions within the club as they happened, a fly on the wall so to speak. If that's not the case then what you've posted is just an interesting titbit on a footy forum that may or may not be true.
Yes because a clubs footy GM getting involved to make sure some guys contracts get done is that most outlandish thing ever posted on here. Will be last time I post creditable information from inside the club on here for a while 😂

Nifft

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes because a clubs footy GM getting involved to make sure some guys contracts get done is that most outlandish thing ever posted on here. Will be last time I post creditable information from inside the club on here for a while 😂
Inside info can be interesting, but without verification it's just rumours. Doesn't mean it's not fun to hear stuff that might or might not be true though. ;)

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
I appreciated your post!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

andleanback

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Inside info can be interesting, but without verification it's just rumours. Doesn't mean it's not fun to hear stuff that might or might not be true though. ;)
Do you want me to give you the persons number, you can ask him then say congrats on a really good season. Everything’s a rumour with confirmation, but I don’t just post stuff for the sake of it.

yodellinhank

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Not every player is over aggressive. If you turn up and play your role every week, does it matter?
He had a good year and is an outside player. You just hope if the time ever comes we need him to put his head over the footy in a final he'll do it. Given he just renewed his own contract, let's hope he gets that chance.

Mr Mojo Risin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
He had a good year and is an outside player. You just hope if the time ever comes we need him to put his head over the footy in a final he'll do it. Given he just renewed his own contract, let's hope he gets that chance.
I know what you mean but I can’t think of many times this year where he didn’t put his head over the ball when he needed to. He’s improving in that area all the time.

andleanback

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I’d love you to show us some times he didn’t put his head over the ball this year. And he’s hardly timid in the air, has great hands overhead.

Remove this Banner Ad