Player Watch # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

doug85

Capo di tutt'i capi
Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
As tempting as it is I already have Jye up forward, and having too many Essendon players always appears to be the main flaw with my SC team. :p
I’ll check the reports on Jye. Perhaps he’s a good POD option too. But I feel like he’s another season away from a 90-100 average that justifies the mid price (just my hunch).

Last edited:

JT_the_Man

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 23, 2014
Wonders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LCFC, LAL, Stars, 49ers, Canadiens
....except this year will be different.
I’ve just restructured my team to have both.

I’ll check the reports on Jye. Perhaps he’s a good POD option too. But I feel like he’s another season away from a 90-100 average that justifies the mid price (just my hunch).
348k MID/FWD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Slam

Debutant
Aug 9, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Can get a bit in two minds with his handball in traffic, but there’s no one I feel safer with when he’s kicking the ball
He doesn’t process things quickly.

That’s also why he’s such a reliable kick for goal. He has skills, but he needs time and for things to slow down in order to execute.

NAB777

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Can get a bit in two minds with his handball in traffic, but there’s no one I feel safer with when he’s kicking the ball
He looks like he is in two minds because he isn't prone to blazing away.. These days, I actually prefer when he pauses - even if he gets tackled - because he's become strong enough to shrug tackles & at least get a handball off.

eDPS

Devon Goods
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
what the fu** happened to him last 5 games he looked ready to explode
Has the tools but not the arrogance or confidence to really make the most of them. He is a fantastic mark overhead yet he is half hearted when he runs inside 50 to be an option but on the other hand Nik Cox will really make his presence known when he drifts down.

Not sure he has the personality to take the next step which is a shame, a good solid player which every team needs but anyone wanting a messiah after all these years sadly doesn’t look like happening.

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
Has the tools but not the arrogance or confidence to really make the most of them. He is a fantastic mark overhead yet he is half hearted when he runs inside 50 to be an option but on the other hand Nik Cox will really make his presence known when he drifts down.

Not sure he has the personality to take the next step which is a shame, a good solid player which every team needs but anyone wanting a messiah after all these years sadly doesn’t look like happening.
I was hyped his last 5 games he looked to have swagger and arrogance

breaking his pre season running records

now is like Langford of 2019

Remove this Banner Ad