AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw on social media someone spoke with him at the vfl and he said heā€™s out for a few.
a few beers? Good on him - out for a few beers at the VFL to unwind and support the lads then back into training for next week. good stuff.

"Short-term" rehab for the hamstring strain, should be back in a few weeks.

Langford was medically subbed out of the game at the final break with hamstring soreness.

Itā€™s an untimely blow for the 24-year-old, who was enjoying career-high averages in disposals (21.1) and marks (5.7).

Head of high performance Sean Murphy said Langford had already begun what should hopefully be a speedy recovery.

ā€œUnfortunately, Kyle presented with a bit of hamstring tightness throughout the game,ā€ Murphy told Dons Digitalā€™s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

ā€œWe decided to take him out at three-quarter time, and unfortunately heā€™s sustained a hamstring strain and will go into a short-term rehab process now.

ā€œHopefully weā€™ll get him back in a few weeks.ā€

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can and have. They can't and haven't

I dont think there have been too many people calling for him to be played forward recently mate due to his form. People wanted him played in the position he was showing natural talent for when he was struggling and drifting out of games playing higher up the ground and around the midfield.

As Lore said, he can be both and the argument of "play him forward" was more based around his form at the time. I've said before he was showing more forward talent than anywhere else on the ground, its a testament to the work he has done to round out his game and become one of our better mids.

I dont think there have been too many people calling for him to be played forward recently mate due to his form. People wanted him played in the position he was showing natural talent for when he was struggling and drifting out of games playing higher up the ground and around the midfield.

As Lore said, he can be both and the argument of "play him forward" was more based around his form at the time. I've said before he was showing more forward talent than anywhere else on the ground, its a testament to the work he has done to round out his game and become one of our better mids.
Mate, he came 4th in the BnF last year playing on the wing for the majority of the year and someone said he finished 4th because of his time forward.

Even when he's in good form they manage to wiggle in the fact they think he's a forward

Some, including me, were pretty scathing of him early in the season.

Donā€™t think we were wrong but he has certainly lifted and has been playing really good footy. Been important as a mid given injuries on that part of the field.
Iā€™m one of them and wholeheartedly agree with your post.

Should be right for the weekend, couple of things to check off

Essendonā€™s midfield could be set for another boost with Kyle Langford set to make himself available for Saturday nightā€™s clash with Sydney at the Gabba.

Langford has missed the Bombersā€™ last two games with a hamstring injury, with head of high performance Sean Murphy saying the 24-year-old would need to prove his fitness on the track this week.

ā€œā€˜Langersā€™ is going well at the moment. Heā€™s got a few things to tick off this week and heā€™s a test for this weekend,ā€ Murphy told Dons Digitalā€™s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

ā€œHeā€™ll roll through training early in the week and then main training, and if he comes out of that, he should be right for this weekend.ā€

Didnā€™t expect to see Durham and Langford in the same side, now that Durham basically owns a wing Iā€™d love to see Langford play more forward switching with Stringer

Didnā€™t expect to see Durham and Langford in the same side, now that Durham basically owns a wing Iā€™d love to see Langford play more forward switching with Stringer
seems heā€™s come in for the Hooker role, so looking forward to hanging s**t on him for being slow, missing goals and standing in the goal square waving an arm.

Back