AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am as upset as anyone after last night's game, but some significant overreaction here after his first AFL game in about 4 months.

For all those saying they 'can't see it with him',
He has finished 7th (with two hammy's that year) and 4th in our last two BnFs.

Thought he looked pretty good with the ball, just gassed on the spread defensively, which is unsurprising considering he is working his way back.
Saw the same. My criticism wasn't of his game, but more from a selection perspective. Bringing back 2 players coming off missing a decent chunk of footy in the same game travelling across the country didn't make sense. Like stringer coming back from his injury, will be better for the run and have a bigger impact next week.

Bloke is such a natural forward. Finds space. It was seen multiple times today, his opponent got sucked toward the ball and he ran to space and got on the end of it for a goal.

Plus he great hands and is a dead eye shot.

Heā€™s a forwardā€¦ I will still die on this hill.
Hybrid for me. But you're right. He's just behind 2mp as our best kick on goal. Such craft too.
But then do like that he gets up the ground

Bloke is such a natural forward. Finds space. It was seen multiple times today, his opponent got sucked toward the ball and he ran to space and got on the end of it for a goal.

Plus he has great hands and is a dead eye shot.

Heā€™s a forwardā€¦ I will still die on this hill.
Great game from him today, we've missed his reliable kicking for goal. Looked rusty in the first quarter, but that didn't last.

He benefitted early from Wright sacrificing his game. Saw multiple times where wright took his defender away from Langford rather than have a crack at marking it himself. Great to see smart selfless forward craft

Always nice to see people immediately proved wrong as opposed to proved wrong over a period of time.

Reckon we need to go out and find another winger or even two so he can play deeper. As mentioned above great hands and a dead eye set shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been a huge fan of his work for the last couple of years. Think he's massively underrated by our fanbase.
Will say straight out that he's miles better than either Snelling or Laverde who get all the love.
Yeah but he ran past the footy en route to the interchange that one time!

It's brilliant that him and Jayden are finally in that 80-100 game zone, yet both theoretically should have their best 4-5 years ahead of them!

Hard to imagine that a couple years back this guy was everyones whipping boy.
Excuse Me Dog GIF by MOODMAN

He could explode next year if he doesnā€™t get any further injuries
Surely that would cause an injury
Hard to imagine that a couple years back this guy was everyones whipping boy.
We're definitely better with him out on than park, than jogging off the park away from a live ball.

Can play wing as needed but forward is his go.

Has the engine to play the high half forward connecting role but also really dangerous deep with his craft, strong marking and deadeye goal kicking.

Can easily see him kicking 35-40 over a full season.

Back