AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that....

Happy Pump Up GIF by Essendon FC

From whipping boy 3 years ago to one of our most important players. May still be under appreciated by our own supporters as not a sexy player but one who just keeps getting the job done.

16 disposals, 5 marks, 1.2 goals a game since returning.

Bloody great stat line that

From whipping boy 3 years ago to one of our most important players. May still be under appreciated by our own supporters as not a sexy player but one who just keeps getting the job done.

16 disposals, 5 marks, 1.2 goals a game since returning.

Bloody great stat line that
?
that mo begs to differ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not surprised too see an improvement in our teams overall performance, and the return of this guy. Obviously some other players have improved greatly. But from a structure view, he is a key link in the chain.

Very happy to be wrong about this bloke, as I was not one of his fans early on.

absolutely.

why he was playing a sweeper role i have no idea though??? he looked like he'd never played defence in his life (probably hasn't)

Not impacting the Elliot contest physically was incredibly poor.

absolutely.

why he was playing a sweeper role i have no idea though??? he looked like he'd never played defence in his life (probably hasn't)

In fairness, if you look at the still at the point Bianco was about kick the ball inside 50, its easy to see why Langford hesitated. If he committed to Elliot, then BZT's opponent (on the point of the square) would've had open space running towards goal and a much easier shot.

1658721901841.png

In fairness, if you look at the still at the point Bianco was about kick the ball inside 50, its easy to see why Langford hesitated. If he committed to Elliot, then BZT's opponent (on the point of the square) would've had open space running towards goal and a much easier shot.

View attachment 1456029
Yep he half hesitated for a second and it cost him. Wouldā€™ve loved Ridley or laverde there for that situation. Laverde wouldā€™ve flattened Elliot.

View attachment 1456029

Looks like Mihocek's build from here, so probably a fair call to make sure he was covered. He actually made it to the Elliot v BZT contest in time just didn't impact it.

Back