AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.
04 - langford.jpg

Contract Status: Restricted Free Agent 2026
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 8, boncer34

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve gone crazy and put Dyle into my SC forward line 😬
As tempting as it is I already have Jye up forward, and having too many Essendon players always appears to be the main flaw with my SC team. :p

As tempting as it is I already have Jye up forward, and having too many Essendon players always appears to be the main flaw with my SC team. :p
....except this year will be different.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
I’ll check the reports on Jye. Perhaps he’s a good POD option too. But I feel like he’s another season away from a 90-100 average that justifies the mid price (just my hunch).

Last edited:
....except this year will be different.
I’ve just restructured my team to have both.

I’ll check the reports on Jye. Perhaps he’s a good POD option too. But I feel like he’s another season away from a 90-100 average that justifies the mid price (just my hunch).
348k MID/FWD.

He has come a long way.

You breath easier when he gets the ball in his hands at the end of a frantic handball chain. Pretty solid overhead too.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Can we all take a moment and appreciate the ruck craft of Kyle Langford?

Clean tap in the second quarter if anyone wants to gif it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Slam

Debutant
Aug 9, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Can get a bit in two minds with his handball in traffic, but there’s no one I feel safer with when he’s kicking the ball

He doesn’t process things quickly.

That’s also why he’s such a reliable kick for goal. He has skills, but he needs time and for things to slow down in order to execute.

NAB777

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Can get a bit in two minds with his handball in traffic, but there’s no one I feel safer with when he’s kicking the ball

He looks like he is in two minds because he isn't prone to blazing away.. These days, I actually prefer when he pauses - even if he gets tackled - because he's become strong enough to shrug tackles & at least get a handball off.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
what the fu** happened to him last 5 games he looked ready to explode
Has the tools but not the arrogance or confidence to really make the most of them. He is a fantastic mark overhead yet he is half hearted when he runs inside 50 to be an option but on the other hand Nik Cox will really make his presence known when he drifts down.

Not sure he has the personality to take the next step which is a shame, a good solid player which every team needs but anyone wanting a messiah after all these years sadly doesn’t look like happening.

Has the tools but not the arrogance or confidence to really make the most of them. He is a fantastic mark overhead yet he is half hearted when he runs inside 50 to be an option but on the other hand Nik Cox will really make his presence known when he drifts down.

Not sure he has the personality to take the next step which is a shame, a good solid player which every team needs but anyone wanting a messiah after all these years sadly doesn’t look like happening.
I was hyped his last 5 games he looked to have swagger and arrogance

breaking his pre season running records

now is like Langford of 2019

He’s certainly levelled off from last season but I reckon his role has also changed the most. Last year he basically had license to hunt pill, roam forward and kick goals.

Rutten has seemingly tried to turn him into Kamdyn Macintosh, which means no flashy stuff and a lot of hard defensive running. He’s basically under instruction to hold width and not get sucked in to contests and to protect the fat side in the air, which he is doing.

Doing a pretty good job of it I reckon.

Last edited:
Back