Past 4. Lochie O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he had a good balance between zoning off and going when it was his turn

Looked really confident in hitting the right targets
I noticed that tonight. That’s what he’s been working on in the VFL from what I’ve seen. That left peg of his should be registered as a lethal weapon.

Loved his ball use, definitely a real weapon.

He tried to be more physical but its just not in his DNA, clearly doesn't like body contact.

Come finals that will be exploited.

Better result than I expected tonight that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Loved his ball use, definitely a real weapon.

He tried to be more physical but its just not in his DNA, clearly doesn't like body contact.

Come finals that will be exploited.

Better result than I expected tonight that's for sure

Think that his left foot kick will be very handy come finals time also. Low, fast and accurate.

Think it’s a bit harsh to suggest he’s scared (any AFL player really), he went in when he had to last night. But yeah he’s not an inside player but not sure you’d want him there - you want him outside using his left. Coaches play him that way also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think you'll find Lachie type player is effective when the main midfield ball getters get a bit of the ball, allowing him to be the recipient of their work. In the last few years we traditionally only have one or max 2 players getting 25 touches or more. Last night we had 3.

Top midfields average about 3 or 4 allowing their wingers to get in the game. That's what happened last night.

We support the same team! you liked a comment someone else said saying he played well which is exactly what i was saying so please tell me what is your issue

You have never had an interaction with Thy before, have you?

This is just the way Thy introduces themself. They mean well (not sure what Thy identifies as).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find Lachie type player is effective when the main midfield ball getters get a bit of the ball, allowing him to be the recipient of their work. In the last few years we traditionally only have one or max 2 players getting 25 touches or more. Last night we had 3.

Top midfields average about 3 or 4 allowing their wingers to get in the game. That's what happened last night.
Yep this.

I thought last night was the perfect example of what a player like Lochie can do, and backed up what I've said before about him. In a good team, and regardless of the season, last night we were a good TEAM, he can be a very valuable player. Imagine what he could do in a Hawthorn type team at their heights.

In a game where we really struggle and can't even get the basics right, and the heat is really on every player like the North game, he would probably struggle but it's not meant as a slight against him really, it's just the type of player he is. He may improve on those areas though, he wasn't exactly shying away from the contest last night.

LOB was fantastic last night. Would love to know what % of his kicks inside 50 resulted in a shot on goal.
Four of his inside 50s resulted in goals. Including a kick that was weighted to perfection for H to run onto. I think it was also LOB who put the ball on a five cent piece for Honey to mark.

Think that his left foot kick will be very handy come finals time also. Low, fast and accurate.

Think it’s a bit harsh to suggest he’s scared (any AFL player really), he went in when he had to last night. But yeah he’s not an inside player but not sure you’d want him there - you want him outside using his left. Coaches play him that way also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Like I said he tried, it just looks so awkward for reasons already stated.

I agree we need him outside delivering the pill.

Finals tempo is a different beast and he might struggle to find enough of the ball, funnier things have happened though.

:thumbsupemoji:

E7i6tqpVcAUNPS4

Should have been playing and should be playing in front of players such as Cottrell, Gibbons, and Newnes.
Players that can use the ball and run on the outside are exactly what we have been needing.
Outside midfielders that can run all day + elite kicking and delivery skills into F50 are invaluable. Craig Bradley the best I’ve seen at Carlton.

How this coaching/selection group played others ahead of him like Cottrell is an indictment of their judgment.

Yep this.

I thought last night was the perfect example of what a player like Lochie can do, and backed up what I've said before about him. In a good team, and regardless of the season, last night we were a good TEAM, he can be a very valuable player. Imagine what he could do in a Hawthorn type team at their heights.

In a game where we really struggle and can't even get the basics right, and the heat is really on every player like the North game, he would probably struggle but it's not meant as a slight against him really, it's just the type of player he is. He may improve on those areas though, he wasn't exactly shying away from the contest last night.
Good players should be able to rise on any occasion. You're accepting mediocrity by making excuses.

Yes he was good last night but let's see some consistency, especially when under duress.

Good players should be able to rise on any occasion. You're accepting mediocrity by making excuses.

Yes he was good last night but let's see some consistency..
Do you even watch football?

Maybe I look at the wrong players but Lochie's the sort of player I always want to see do well.
Ever since I first came across his name 2014-15, I've wanted him to do well.

Of Carlton's 2017 men's picks, O'Brien and De Koning I've wanted to do well while Dow is meh for me.

Hopefully Carlton delist dead weight before thinking about cutting O'Brien.

Surely O'Brien is selected next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back