Past 4. Maddy Prespakis

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently some multi-year contracts are in the wings. However, each club can only sign up about half of their players. The other half are open to stealing from the new clubs.
Considering that a number of Victorian clubs are coming in for the 2020 season, I think it will be easier to steal from us or North, than to steal from Adelaide. Adelaide are set for a dynasty: they get access to players across 2 strong women's systems. We get access to a small portion of one, no matter how good the VFLW is. SA players will not want to move unless there is a really big incentive.

I am very happy to have Maddy with us for as long as she wants to play with us. I hope by being a Carlton player that she will want to remain one.
However, we must be realistic: it may be harder to keep her when Essendon enters. However, I hope that the AFL learn a few lessons from what happened to Collingwood this year and restrict the growth of the comp. The longer it takes for Essendon to enter, the more likely she will remain a Blue.
I see this as a positive in keeping both girls at the club.
If the AFL have any brains at all, there won't be any more teams for 4 or 5 years. Richmond were very ordinary, while the Weagles were not much better. No good adding more teams until the present ones are up to scratch.
Mind you, the AFL do NOT have a history of doing the smart thing.

Yikes. Have to change the title. Maddy was joint winner of the afl.womens player of the year, not the AFLW player of the year which is held on the 28th April.

Geez, the distinction between the two was not clear at the time.

If the AFL have any brains at all, there won't be any more teams for 4 or 5 years. Richmond were very ordinary, while the Weagles were not much better. No good adding more teams until the present ones are up to scratch.
Mind you, the AFL do NOT have a history of doing the smart thing.

I think we can safely say there is no more money for further teams for a little while at least.

Yikes. Have to change the title. Maddy was joint winner of the afl.womens player of the year, not the AFLW player of the year which is held on the 28th April.

Geez, the distinction between the two was not clear at the time.

She has now won both!

What a superstar. We are so lucky to have her in navy blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back