Past 4. Maddy Prespakis

Apr 24, 2007
at home
AFL Club
Carlton
Has been offered a one-match suspension. Club has until 11am today to respond.
Cheers, yeah saw that.

I think she will be suspended unfortunately.

It is debatable whether it was medium impact or low impact, given that Sarah had to leave the field but as she said at the time, that was done by the medicos purely on the vision. Had she remained on the field as she intended I doubt they could say it was medium impact.

I am not against checking the welfare of the player obviously, but that precaution should not influence the severity of the penalty if in fact there is no injury.

What also riled me up was the thirst for drama from the commentator (can't remember her name). This has been frequent in the men's game too and shits me no end. Commentators have far too much influence on these types of things. If it warrants analysis by all means do it post match, not during the call with slow motion replays ad nauseum!!!!

Has been offered a one-match suspension. Club has until 11am today to respond.

We did yesterday.

The Carlton Football Club will appeal midfielder Madison Prespakis’ one-match suspension handed down by the Match Review Officer.

beowulf

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2009
Golden Square
AFL Club
Carlton
I understand your reaction. Considering some of the other things I've seen, Maddie was pretty unlucky. And we missed her terribly, as it turned out. We got thrashed in the ruck and couldn't restrain the North mids. Hopefully things will be different in future: a good camera angle wouldn't hurt either. :)

Apr 24, 2007
at home
AFL Club
Carlton
Wondering if any news on Maddie moving to the *FC?
Would really be disappointed to see her leave.
Her season didn't reach the lofty heights of 2 seasons ago, but she is a terrific player and at the age to really create a lasting legacy on the blues if she stayed.
With the number of players departing the blues in the last couple of seasons I think we need to keep our young midfield together and would be very sad to see her leave!

Sent from my SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I put this in the B&F thread, but I guess it belongs here.

I don't think a player who intends on staying with Carlton would say that their they want their legacy to be seen in the light of Daisy Pearce and Erin Phillips at "whatever club they play at".

Seems she's gone.

One. Hundred. Percent. Gone.

Who answers a question about "what's next" like this:
View attachment 1366394
:(

Back