Past 4. Maddy Prespakis

Superb young player and well deserved. She's a gem.

(now, can we just get her onto that graphic sidebar thingy in place of that Collingwood player, pretty please?)

Also this!

Please can someone arrange this? She's pretty much our women's version of Crippa and is more than deserving of being there, not to mention the fact the existing pic below Crippa is not even a Blues player anymore...

The comparisons with Diesel are so apt. Almost from the first time I saw Maddy I thought she's the AFLW's version of Diesel. Dual-sided, balanced, strong, solid, not-overly-quick ball magnet. The only thing I'm not sure about is that I think Maddy lays heaps more tackles than Diesel used to ... maybe he re-directed that energy into sniping :)

The thing that I'm most glad about though is the lengths she seems to go to in expressing her happiness at being at the club. Hopefully that's not just lip-service and she hangs around to be the captain and leader that she seems destined to be.

The comparisons with Diesel are so apt. Almost from the first time I saw Maddy I thought she's the AFLW's version of Diesel. Dual-sided, balanced, strong, solid, not-overly-quick ball magnet. The only thing I'm not sure about is that I think Maddy lays heaps more tackles than Diesel used to ... maybe he re-directed that energy into sniping :)

The thing that I'm most glad about though is the lengths she seems to go to in expressing her happiness at being at the club. Hopefully that's not just lip-service and she hangs around to be the captain and leader that she seems destined to be.
Seems a gun person as well as a player so here's hoping to the last bit of your post.

Wow, great news! It's a shame that the women's comp isn't professional yet. Maddy's the type of player you wouldn't begrudge a 5-year or even longer deal.

Back