Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok good, let’s get the insults out of the way early. Now let’s try with explanations next.. how does a group of 6-7 in lockdown get to NSW for a footy game?
There is no restriction in Victoria to stop you from going to a football game, all NSW has ever required in this outbreak is that you follow Victorian restrictions.

The border is not closed and AFAIK never did

Sorry but I’m still trying to wrap my head around how I’m within a 25km radius of my house… but 6-7 family members / friends from vic can catch a plane to nsw on Friday and watch the footy at the SCG?

Is the answer - afl exemptions?

Sorry but I’m still trying to wrap my head around how I’m within a 25km radius of my house… but 6-7 family members / friends from vic can catch a plane to nsw on Friday and watch the footy at the SCG?

I don't think regional Victoria is under the same restrictions as metropolitan Melbourne?

Assuming his crew were from his home town of Poowong?

Hawthorn debutant tonight just said he was able to get 6-7 family members up to Sydney to watch him.

Am I missing something?

But can’t allow a few more at a funeral for a young boy in the country?
Ok good, let’s get the insults out of the way early. Now let’s try with explanations next.. how does a group of 6-7 in lockdown get to NSW for a footy game?
The game last night was in Sydney.. how did they cross the border? Unless borders are open now between vic and nsw?

Another week, another conspiracy theory. Do you not think to do a quick Google first?

Jai Newcombe came from Poowong (in Gippsland) , so presumably his family & friends came from there as well.

The NSW border isn’t closed, you just need to complete a declaration form to confirm you haven’t been to high risk locations.

I don't think regional Victoria is under the same restrictions as metropolitan Melbourne?

Assuming his crew were from his home town of Poowong?

That's what I'm assuming. If the friends/family live in regional Vic, they are allowed to travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else find this post misleading? The “0 community cases” doesn’t align with today’s VicDHS data, can you at least not screenshot the tweet so harshly to keep the date it was posted on rather than pretending that it’s today’s figures

Does anyone else find this post misleading? The “0 community cases” doesn’t align with today’s VicDHS data, can you at least not screenshot the tweet so harshly to keep the date it was posted on rather than pretending that it’s today’s figures
It mislead me. What is the actual figure?

Oh sweet. So regional vic are allowed to travel interstate? I stand corrected then!

So as I said - it's highly likely you are missing something.

And that's not a personal insult either. Or at least wasn't intended to be.

Whether it be Trump, Daniel Andrews, COVID or whatever, those with extreme views and those that clearly 'pick a side' almost always miss something when it comes to their shock and outrage.

The 'left' did it with Trump constantly, flat earthers did it with science, the 'right' are doing it with COVID and Victoria currently, and the COVID deniers or whatever they're called are doing it with COVID.

There's a complete absence of critical thinking and a total lack of ability to listen and try to understand the other side's perspective.

People who've picked a team simply close their minds unfortunately.

So, as a result there is almost always something missed.

What is your beef with his title? Do you not think he is qualified for his role?
Questionable. He is as adjunct professor with Monash Uni’s Dept of Epidemiology, a title bestowed on him in March 2020 despite the fact he has never written a paper relevant to his post.

Questionable. He is as adjunct professor with Monash Uni’s Dept of Epidemiology, a title bestowed on him in March 2020 despite the fact he has never written a paper relevant to his post.

So did you come to that conclusion by researching Brett Sutton or did you decide that based on what someone told you on social media?

Sutton is fair game to criticise but your post does not seem based in fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back