Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you wanted the “biased defence of Morrison and attack on Sutton” to cease. Hardly non-partisan.

Do you even know what non-partisan means?

I know that you're not :)

So now you're purely targeting me rather than what I had to say because I proved your "buddy" wrong yesterday and you've got no actual response to what I was saying.

This is the lamest attempt at trolling I've seen.

So now you're purely targeting me rather than what I had to say because I proved your "buddy" wrong yesterday and you've got no actual response to what I was saying.

This is the lamest attempt at trolling I've seen.
Just because a poster happens to have a similar view doesn't mean we are "buddies", and just because someone calls you out for double standards doesn't mean you are being "targeted"

Here's what you said yesterday:

"Scott Morrison
-Flew to the UK, a country where Australians in most cases can’t even get exemptions to leave for work purposes
-attended a conference that he didn’t need to attend (we’re not a member of the G7)
-went to pubs in the UK
-Left his responsibility as Prime Minister to an incompetent fool in McCormack"

And you say you're not biased?

Just because a poster happens to have a similar view doesn't mean we are "buddies", and just because someone calls you out for double standards doesn't mean you are being "targeted"

Here's what you said yesterday:

"Scott Morrison
-Flew to the UK, a country where Australians in most cases can’t even get exemptions to leave for work purposes
-attended a conference that he didn’t need to attend (we’re not a member of the G7)
-went to pubs in the UK
-Left his responsibility as Prime Minister to an incompetent fool in McCormack"

And you say you're not biased?

So now you're taking me response out of context?

I'm happy to admit that both sides did the wrong thing--- can you admit that by focusing on the faults of only one side that you're biased in your opinion? That you're unable to think logically through a situation because you get hung up on situations like the Warrnambool funeral?

So now you're taking me response out of context?

I'm happy to admit that both sides did the wrong thing--- can you admit that by focusing on the faults of only one side that you're biased in your opinion? That you're unable to think logically through a situation because you get hung up on situations like the Warrnambool funeral?
If Michael O'Brien had gone overseas I'd be supporting your view point 100%. But Victoria was the only state in lockdown, and it was the CMO calling the shots. Yet he thought it was a good thing to go to an awards dinner even though three of his CMO compatriots chose NOT to attend.

Nobody, except you, is questioning the wisdom of Morrison attending G7 and talks with world leaders. That wasn't bad optics. In fact The Age sang his praises in securing support from unlikely allies on China.

If Michael O'Brien had gone overseas I'd be supporting your view point 100%. But Victoria was the only state in lockdown, and it was the CMO calling the shots. Yet he thought it was a good thing to go to an awards dinner even though three of his CMO compatriots chose NOT to attend.

Nobody, except you, is questioning the wisdom of Morrison attending G7 and talks with world leaders. That wasn't bad optics. In fact The Age sang his praises in securing support from unlikely allies on China.

Victoria was in a Lockdown on Wednesday?

I think there is a lot of fertile ground here. Major lack of critical thinking evident.

You're right--- people can't even get the dates of lockdowns correct when they were less than a week ago.

Victoria was in a Lockdown on Wednesday?
Yes 100%. According to Collins Dictionary lockdown is defined as "the imposition of stringent restrictions on travel, social interaction, and access to public spaces" We were definitely in lockdown last Wednesday - no visitors to our homes, 25km travel restriction, etc.

Yes. According to Collins Dictionary lockdown is defined as "the imposition of stringent restrictions on travel, social interaction, and access to public spaces" We were definitely in lockdown last Wednesday - no visitors to our homes, 25km travel restriction.

Here comes the Collins Dictionary definitions--- instead of using the terminology discussed broadly, you're making up your own rules to suit your argument.

As mentioned by another poster above, we need a little more critical thinking around here. Until someone can demonstrate what Brett Sutton actually did wrong other than the "optics" of it (which he's apologised for), this discussion should be laid to rest as nothing more than politically biased ranting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here comes the Collins Dictionary definitions--- instead of using the terminology discussed broadly, you're making up your own rules to suit your argument.

As mentioned by another poster above, we need a little more critical thinking around here. Until someone can demonstrate what Brett Sutton actually did wrong other than the "optics" of it (which he's apologised for), this discussion should be laid to rest as nothing more than politically biased ranting.
LOL. Far be it for me to remind you our language is constantly evolving and to quote Collins Dictionary who recognised the need to redefine Lockdown in light of the pandemic. Whose definition are you using?

As for "optics" if you don't appreciate the importance of being seen to do the right thing when expecting us to, then no point arguing.

LOL. Far be it for me to remind you our language is constantly evolving and to quote Collins Dictionary who recognised the need to redefine Lockdown in light of the pandemic. Whose definition are you using?

Let's use the definition of Lockdown that's been used by the State & Federal governments, the Australian media and the majority of the population for the past 18 months. A "Lockdown" is when there are limited reasons to leave the house. We were allowed to leave our house for whatever reason we wanted last week.

But instead relying on a dictionary definition that doesn't provide the context of the discussion is deliberate straw manning of the argument because you've got nothing else.

As for "optics" if you don't appreciate the importance of being seen to do the right thing when expecting us to, then no point arguing.

What did Sutton do "wrong"? Travel more than 25kms for work purposes? I did that every day last week.

It's clear that you're that stuck in your hatred and frustration of the situation that you can't see you're unable to think logically and critically on this issue and instead go off on tangents anytime you're views and proven to be based on opinion rather than fact.

But instead relying on a dictionary definition that doesn't provide the context of the discussion is deliberate straw manning of the argument because you've got nothing else.
LOL. Whose context? Yours?
you're unable to think logically and critically on this issue
And you are? LOFL

LOL. Whose context? Yours?

If you spoke to 100 people on the street in Melbourne today, over 90% of them would define lockdown as the "four reasons to leave home". Bringing up the dictionary definition is irrelevant to this discussion.

Very presumptuous to suggest any belief contrary to your own is right wing. Derp.

Oh are you still here Les? At least you aren't shilling this time. Progress.

Nothing to do with beliefs - other that I don't believe in listening to idiots - , just making an observation about how gullible people are - which the past year has shown no?

Oh are you still here Les? At least you aren't shilling this time. Progress.

Nothing to do with beliefs - other that I don't believe in listening to idiots - , just making an observation about how gullible people are - which the past year has shown no?
Dismiss the FLCCC as idiots all you want. Just goes to show how ignorant you really are. Flagrant labelling of difference and the assumption of being right all the time speaks more about you than your beliefs. But do continue.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back