AFL Autopsy 4 point loss to the powa

Remove this Banner Ad

David King thinks we have virtually zero DNA to be a premiership fancy. I almost embrace this as we are doing something so different that sees us knocking on the door of the 8.
Fifty percent of the teams that have the DNA to make the Grand Final lose so I don't think it is very good odds anyway.

Fifty percent of the teams that have the DNA to make the Grand Final lose so I don't think it is very good odds anyway.
But they have PFI . He is big on that :thumbsu:

while i think brad scott is a good coach and has saved us from the pit of mediocrity once again, his handling of ben hobbes on the weekend rubbed me the wrong way, he'd earned his gametime in there and had performed super well throughout the game, but was put in the forward line and had to make way for dylan shiel, who's impact was limited

while i think brad scott is a good coach and has saved us from the pit of mediocrity once again, his handling of ben hobbes on the weekend rubbed me the wrong way, he'd earned his gametime in there and had performed super well throughout the game, but was put in the forward line and had to make way for dylan shiel, who's impact was limited
I'd agree that I didn't like the sub decision and the use of our midfield rotations in the last.

I'm still very happy with our effort, our game plan, that Scott is coach etc etc but hopefully he will look through the tape and reach the same conclusion and make the necessary adjustments.

Shiel coming in as an experienced midfielder that is generally a good clearance winner with breakaway speed on fresh legs late in a game should have been able to impact in the middle. Most people would have expected him to in that scenario.

Shiel coming in as an experienced midfielder that is generally a good clearance winner with breakaway speed on fresh legs late in a game should have been able to impact in the middle. Most people would have expected him to in that scenario.
He could've used that speed forward. Taking Hobbs out cost us in the middle, you can argue that's hindsight but when a players having a blinder like Hobbs was it's odd to upset the apple cart.

Seemed like a pre planned move and we made it despite the match unfolding in a way that it didn't make sense to do it.

He could've used that speed forward. Taking Hobbs out cost us in the middle, you can argue that's hindsight but when a players having a blinder like Hobbs was it's odd to upset the apple cart.

Seemed like a pre planned move and we made it despite the match unfolding in a way that it didn't make sense to do it.

Agree

agree with the sentiment wrt shiel but i think he’d have been more useful coming into/playing in the forward line as speed and precision in there is important on wet nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back