Jul 9, 2015
Ivory Tower
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers, Gold City Royals
He has time on his side ?
Unless he is still under 10 he will run out of time to develop
I’m not saying he’s going to make the grade, in fact if I were going to bet I’d put my money on him not being on the list beyond this contract.

But he’s young in the sense that Menzel and Fox are not and Towers before them were not. So just on that basis there’s more upside for him. At 22 years old, Ben McGlynn was at Hawthorn not getting a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SGBeach

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
When they signed Lynch, a few players took a pay cut - Reiwald definitely did, can't remember who else, maybe Cotchin amongst others, maybe Dusty

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
I’m not saying he’s going to make the grade, in fact if I were going to bet I’d put my money on him not being on the list beyond this contract.

But he’s young in the sense that Menzel and Fox are not and Towers before them were not. So just on that basis there’s more upside for him. At 22 years old, Ben McGlynn was at Hawthorn not getting a game.

How were hawthorn going when mcglynn was there though?

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
Buddy probably on similar to dusty and richmond aren’t playing guys like clarke
Different stage of team development. If you don’t rate him that’s fine but there hasn’t been any footy played since his last game so at least let a player get through pre season & get the arse by the club.
I’ll back him to improve at his age.

Punts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
His game against GWS suggests he can play. Seems to be all confidence from him.

As a reminder;
26 disposals at 76%, 4 tackles, 3 Marks, 5 clearances, 8 inside 50, 2 rebound 50, 1 goal

Hopefully he can believe in himself.
Picking and choosing abit mate

What about his games that were out right garbage and didn’t looked neafl standard

puke

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
When they signed Lynch, a few players took a pay cut - Reiwald definitely did, can't remember who else, maybe Cotchin amongst others, maybe Dusty
That is the same BS that hawthorn peddled. We just keep signing stars but manage to stay below cap because we all take pay cuts. BS........don't believe that for one second. Cap rotting more likely

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace

What about his games that were out right garbage and didn’t looked neafl standard
To be fair they are constantly brought up on here. He's constantly criticised and it's only fair that his good games also get mentioned IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

For the first half of his year I agree. He definitely improved significantly as the year went on. I think he showed enough to suggest he could make something of himself at this level (but could also crash and burn).

His first 7 games this year he did not get more than 20 disposals.

His last 7 games he had over 20 6 times.

I’d like to see him kick the ball quite a bit flatter so I hope they’re working on that.

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
Somewhere earlier I said I wanted Clarke to share a house with Dawson. The idea was that over the off season, Dawson would help repair Clarke's kicking action. Maybe this has happened and the pair went for runs every day as well.

Hopefully Dawson's efforts in the 2km Time trial are mirrored by an improved Clarke kicking action.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
It's the pre season. He's one of our 40 odd players on the list & cost not much.
No games to get upset about but yet he is getting worse week by week in the pre season.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom