Delisted #4 Ryan 'The Clamps' Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

uITEbjYC.jpg

Ryan Clarke

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans recruited Ryan Clarke from North Melbourne ahead of season 2019 and he’s since shown promising signs as a young midfielder. The number four is a prolific ball-winner and can also be used to blanket a star on-baller, which he proved last year in shutting down gun Kangaroo Shaun Higgins and classy Magpie Steele Sidebottom. Clarke played 14 senior games in a stop-start 2019 campaign and has set his sights on cementing a spot in coach John Longmire’s best 22 this year. Draft history: 2015 National Draft selection (North Melbourne), No. 31 overall

Ryan Clarke

DOB:17 June 1997
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT:2015
RECRUITED FROM: Rowville (Vic)/Melb Grammar (Vic)/Eastern U18/North Melb

Last edited:
We traded the pick that we got for Rohan to get Clarke, so the question is, do we prefer someone who is a great kick but just doesn't get anywhere near the ball or someone who is the opposite?

We traded the pick that we got for Rohan to get Clarke, so the question is, do we prefer someone who is a great kick but just doesn't get anywhere near the ball or someone who is the opposite?
Cap difference as well. Imo, it was a good trade. Love Rohan, but it's annoying having him on your team.

Clarke's hot garbage
rohan is ok but doesnt get near it, and the bigger the moment the worse he goes

dont want either

His kicking style is weird...

It reminds me a bit of Brett Kirk tbh. But Kirk learnt to work with it and stick to his limits. Hopefully Clarke does similarly.

Fair call.

It is up to his team mates to think.. Clarkes got it and run short to space.

Clarke needs to as they say in cliché.... "lower his eyes" .

Kirk eventually learnt (progressively over time) to kick longer with accuracy.

Gotta luvz a bloke that can get it first!!!. That is the hard part. Using it well is the important part.

Clarke is a sausage sandwich. He isn't going to win any awards on cooking shows as he is too simple to make for that. He is no nonsense and you know exactly what he is and what he isn't, but sometimes a sausage sandwhich is what you need over the much more fancy and highly prized meals.
How good are sausage sandwiches though. HP Sauce, onions, delicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy answer to the equation. Rohan does more with 2 touches than what clarke can do with 50. He is the most inept player with ball in hand I have ever seen. He looks like you've given a random member in the crowd a game.

High as a kite too. He fights so hard to get the ball and then just balloons it.

that kick into the 50 with about 1-2 minutes left (after he got that handball from Cunningham) was just so comically bad. An insanely high chip kick to a 2-on-1 in the middle of the 50. The last thing the situation called for.

Given I don’t really care about the results this season (provided it looks like the younger players are improving), it was one of the match highlights for me. Just a sublimely bad kick.

Last edited:
Clarke is a sausage sandwich. He isn't going to win any awards on cooking shows as he is too simple to make for that. He is no nonsense and you know exactly what he is and what he isn't, but sometimes a sausage sandwhich is what you need over the much more fancy and highly prized meals.
Better than a s**t sandwhich

that kick into the 50 with about 1-2 minutes left (after he got that handball from Cunningham) was just so comically bad. An insanely high chip kick to a 2-on-1 in the middle of the 50. The last thing the situation called for.

Given I don’t really care about the results this season, it was one of the match highlights for me. Just a sublimely bad kick.
Yeah a few of his kicks inside 50, the possession came from hard work and good positioning to get clear then he's just put the leading forward right under it.

I don't have an eye for technique or anything but I don't get the go. Is he hitting it high? Shinning everything?

Clarke was in our best today.

Tags well, runs all day, tackles hard, wins contested footy.

Kicking is faeces, but at 23, can get better.

Glad he’s a Swan.
He is never gonna get 3 votes in a game, he is never gonna kick a bag and is going to provide some moments of "oh * off Clarke" but cannot deny his effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back