Retired 4. Shaun Higgins (2021 - 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi folks, sorry if I’ve posted this in the wrong thread. I’ve stumbled across an interesting podcast with Shaun Higgins through someone sharing it on their Insta story, was recorded on 5th March according to Spotify. In the first 30 minutes he specifically discusses his physical body (injuries) throughout his career and how his awareness of his own beliefs and habits of mind have affected the how these injuries have been handled in both management and prevention. He discusses how people marked him as ‘having the potential but never having a clear run with injuries’ therefore would always say ‘I bet you wish you could have just had a clear run without all of those injuries, imagine how good you could be’ but he says he didn’t agree with this idea. He states that he doubts he would have the longevity that he has now without those experiences. Discusses how he became much more aware mentally of what was happening around injuries and is alluding to the idea that this awareness has led to him to less injuries. To be honest that’s as much as I’ve listened to so far so not sure what the next 25 minutes will be about but thought it was interesting enough so far to share with you guys. All the best for the season ‘22.

After 260 games, Shaun has announced his retirement. That's a great career!

Thank you for the enjoyment you have brought fans, not just for Geelong, but all of your career. Wishing you all the very best at whatever you turn your hand to.

Could have had some upside a la Isaac Smith but overall a bust for mine.
May have a second life in the coaching department…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back