Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
What are you expecting?

He’s 32.

Hawthorn traded Mitchell and Lewis for much less.

I suspect he's thinking that Higgins is worth far more to us than a second round pick. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

But even debating a pick for Higgins gives oxygen to an article that should be ridiculed and immediately consigned to the virtual rubbish bin.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can keep the mercurial Shaun Higgins,
920MlPD.gif
*disclaimer I personally do NOT want the box

lol

"coming off back to back best and fairests"

"could be worth a second-round pick on the trade table"

wtf

Yeah ... how about they get ****ed instead.

Seriously. This is the sort of disrespect you'd angle grind their fingers off for if you were in the mafia.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Where does this mentality that AFL exists to suit the wishes of players arise from anyway?

The last I heard the AFL was a sport played by clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Managers hard at work this time of year.

Bottom line - Higgo has a contract for 2020. If he wants one until end 2023 does that work for North Melbourne? Missed a bit through injury but doesn’t feel like a Wells situation, just a bit of bad luck - and his form otherwise has been very good. I’d assume we would stretch the extra year if we have to.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We won't get anything of value for him so he's not going anywhere.

Only way the club would entertain trading him if a high pick was involved, and no one is going to pay that for a 32 year old. He will be kept against his will.

Agree with that, except there could be absolutely no truth to the story. Tom Browne has zero credit.

What are you expecting?

He’s 32.

Hawthorn traded Mitchell and Lewis for much less.
Neither of these two were anywhere near their best at that point. Higgins still in career best form arguably.

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tom Brown - in my opinion he wants to leave, he will go... WTF seriously and this is news worthy a media person giving his opinion then try to make it as a fact.
It's how the big dogs do it.

Gossip column trash dominates football discussion these days as we all know and it seems all you need to succeed is a good network of influential contacts and a very big mouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back