Player Watch #4: Shaun Higgins - extends North contract until end 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freshwater

Club Legend
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well done. Unlike some here on BF from my club and yours, who create a feud between our two clubs. I am happy you kept Goldie and also Higgins. Smaller clubs need stability to be a so-called destination club.
I am mostly happy about Higgins because he didn’t go to the cats. Their arrogance is insufferable. But disappointed because he will now pass 100 games for North and future father sons will be split, and probably go to north because we put up with 8 injury interrupted years before he flourished. And he comes from a great sporting family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He's like that I reckon. He seems incredibly driven and committed. maybe he feels the Dogs/life "rorted" him out of a flag.
Agree with the first part but have never got the impression he missed being at the dogs for a second even with the flag factored in.

He's like a reverse-Dal Santo. Which probably means he's stacked as well then.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Agree with the first part but have never got the impression he missed being at the dogs for a second even with the flag factored in.

He's like a reverse-Dal Santo. Which probably means he's stacked as well then.
He knows he career was done at Footscray. It’s not like they were trying to keep him. In fact he was being railroaded out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Themanbun

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not going to read too much into that cool, unemotional interview.

We picked the bloke up as a free agent and he has born witness to us offloading a number of oldies who probably had at least a decent year of footy left in them. He knows it's a business, and a cutthroat one at that. Glad he stayed.

Top Bottom