Player Watch #4: Shaun Higgins - extends North contract until end 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Val Keating

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What’s going on with Higgins? Reminds me of how he started last year. Just out of form or carrying something? Somethings NQR

Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I wouldn’t be amazed if we saw a significant change in the midfield after he left.

Hes a gun player but I really think he doesn’t suit our side. We have too many defensive liabilities as it is and Higgins is just about the most unaccountable midfielder in the league.

He’s not a good combination with the rest of our midfield mix.

we can look amazing on our day and when the rest of the midfielders decide to put in and cover for some of his short comings, but like we’ve seen this year,when that doesn’t happen, things can get very ugly.

Between him and Cunnington, we may as well have two lawn chairs trying to win back the ball when the opposition has it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully LDU and Cunners can come into the side soon. Starting midfield of Simpkin, Luke and Cunners with LDU, Ziebell and Anderson to rotate. Put Shaun up forward to help our youngest group organise.

Centre: Dumont Cunnington Polec
Following: Goldstein Simpkin McDonald

Half forward: Higgins Larkey Thomas
Full forward: Taylor Brown Zurhaar

With Ziebell, Anderson and Davies-Uniacke starting on the bench.

Val Keating

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Regardless, we cannot be reliant on him to be a catalyst anymore. Jy needs mates.

Higgo can be the cherry on top for the next 18-30 months.
You’re probably right but there’s also the possibility he’s carrying an injury and playing through necessity.

Don’t think he’s just coasting.

Top Bottom