Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the quietest 38 touch games of all time
Have to disagree. Early in the year he had a spree of 30-40 possession games and most of those felt like the epitome of nothingness compared to last night.

12 score involvements, 520 meters gained, 2 tackles inside 50 is a great return even if he gets a lot of cheap handballs

Higgo mentioned today on Gameday that his manager had begun discussions about an extension with the club.

A bonus but if he goes It would be no big loss as he’s not getting younger hence if we can get another two good years then we have gotten most out of him.

Higgo refuted reports that he'd turned down a 2 year extension from NMFC. Said he hasn't been offered anything from the club yet.

Have to disagree. Early in the year he had a spree of 30-40 possession games and most of those felt like the epitome of nothingness compared to last night.

12 score involvements, 520 meters gained, 2 tackles inside 50 is a great return even if he gets a lot of cheap handballs

Oh agreed, on reflection he was great. More that I didn’t particularly notice him that much at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He loves the place, would he have been pissed to see the boys tear apart a “contender” and post game thinking “why the *?” ... he wont go anywhere.. nmfc will give him a contract to 2021 no doubt about it.. not sure the ferals will give up $$$ anywhere near what we are payin

Doesn’t mean anything but looked flat during the song.

I thought everyone did.

I think they are still wearing a bit of last week's game.

And it would be deflating to go into the last round after a win like that knowing finals are gone.

Shaun needs to stop focusing on contracts, and start focusing on premierships.

He has the rest of his life to make money, and he's nowhere near at risk of being overtaken for a spot, nor is he going to be short changed.

Shaun needs to stop focusing on contracts, and start focusing on premierships.

He has the rest of his life to make money, and he's nowhere near at risk of being overtaken for a spot, nor is he going to be short changed.

he probably is focusing on flags. I thought when I saw that interview where he came out and denied all that his attitude was mostly "WTF is this s**t you morons. Its the furtherest thing from my mind."

he probably is focusing on flags. I thought when I saw that interview where he came out and denied all that his attitude was mostly "WTF is this s**t you morons. Its the furtherest thing from my mind."

Agree with this. In many cases, these contract "disagreements" are player managers cheating by feeding the media a story in the hope of putting pressure on clubs to offer more.

Circumstances dictate that negotiations won't begin until after the season is done.

I think he's a very smart bloke well aware of that, not overjoyed about it, but understanding of the situation as a whole.

Doubt if he'll be going anywhere, but the media will keep raising it until a deal is done.

Watching him talk about it yesterday on Gameday it looked to me that he’s a bit miffed that it’s even being raised as an issue. He seemed fine with where things are at.

I would say he was pleased when the concept of playing next year without an extension was raised.

Personally, I'm happy to see him get a 1 year extension (2021) and even another year option (club conditions), but he has to be realistic about his age & price and put the clubs interest first.

The most succulent of fakes on the 50, Robbie"as good as Gary" Gray fell right for it, then the delivery into the 50 was top notch.

Hopefully he stays next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back