Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know he is playing a different role to give opportunities to LDU etc and maybe I'm being harsh, but I haven't liked his season at all.

Especially as a leader, as he doesn't do enough defensively to set the standard.

His kicking in particular has also really been off so offensively nowhere near as damaging.

He's a gun at best and still moves smooth as, so I'm confident he can bounce back next season.

This is why I don't subscribe to the idea that our list is full of s**t kicks.

Expecting twins. Congrats Higgo.

Screenshot_20200917-122939_Messenger.jpg

Higgo also said we’re very much treating tonight as a last hurrah for the current group, hoping to go out with a bang. Hopefully that feeling lasts beyond the first quarter for a change.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
QUICK!

WHO CAN INTERPRET THESE THINGS!!!!

View attachment 963726
I’m no expert, but the way I interpret it is that Trent Dumont is either a good mate of Sean Higgins, or he’s liking the post to ensure he gives the impression of being Sean’s friend.

Oh. And maybe, the Higgins family are expecting.

Higgo also said we’re very much treating tonight as a last hurrah for the current group, hoping to go out with a bang. Hopefully that feeling lasts beyond the first quarter for a change.
Hoping for a final round Collingwood 2013 finish.
Expecting a Brisbane 2004 one though.

With the current young guys in the midfield, Shaun will be playing a lesser role next year. He will be very important for his off field role in showing them how to be an afl footballer in training, educational on game style and his experience.
If Higgo is allowed to float around and pick up 20+ possessions that will be a huge bonus

I thought that was the best he's played in quite a while. His stats remain good but effectiveness has been down - played the role asked though IMO so a good professional year when he'd want to get more involved no doubt.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
It's got Geelong written all over it. Not many teams would offer a 33yo a multi year contract. Geelong is one. Collingwood? I doubt he'd be demanding huge $$$$. It'd be more a chance to play finals.

Do you think you guys would trade him for a token pick in the 50s or later (similar to recent deals for Jack Steven, Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell etc) or that you'd be pushing harder?

Do you think you guys would trade him for a token pick in the 50s or later (similar to recent deals for Jack Steven, Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell etc) or that you'd be pushing harder?

Why the f*** would we trade one of our best players for a token pick? Two of those guys had retired.

FFS.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Honestly don't know. What's the going rate for a 33yo? Probably not much tbh.

Hopefully we have the guts to hold then if no deal suits us.

Once again, not that I'm wrapt with shopping these proven players and genuine role models/leaders.

Back