Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

We would have only got a second rounder or two, lucky of the draw if three years later that turned out to be something

I assumed he read "pick 24" and thought that wasn't gonna make us look bad enough so changed it to picks 2 - 4 on the fly. That sort of improvisation is what makes the truly great actors stand out after all.

If you’ve ever watched Higgo that’s him 100% of the time. Extremely calm, cool and collected. He could kick goal of the year and he’d barely raise a fist pump.

Not only is he completely invested in the club (his words) but we couldn’t hope for more of a professional, role model to the rest of the playing group.

Met Higgo once and he was just like that, except it was end of last year so I congratulated him on becoming a dad and his face lit up. It was like he became someone else for a few minutes.

I feel like Higgins manager was using geelong’s interest as a tool to get Higgins a extra year with North

He is so important for us going forward, especially for our youngsters

Was never in doubt, the media interest was a massive beat up
According to Higgins there was a question asked by his management, in terms of the club direction. So it wasn't a complete beat up.

According to Higgins there was a question asked by his management, in terms of the club direction. So it wasn't a complete beat up.

Just 90% beat up. He said he had a frank discussion with the club about its future directions and began exploring his options in case the club wanted to really rebuild the list and he wasn't much use to us. That's a long way from "gone to Geelong". Again that's something his management should have be all over from the moment Scotts went. Or when it became obvious he was gone ie after the Sydney game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you what ... they (footy media) are setting him up for a post footy career in the media too. He speaks well, is photogenic and looks alright on camera, is reasonably smart and knows the game. I don't think those last 2 things will go against him too much if he wants to work in the media. There's a couple in the AFL media who aren't complete knob heads.

@WhatelyONWhately : Higgins would've earned the kangas a pick between 2-4 #revisionism
No doubt. It'll become the trading version of the early 2010s "should've gone to the Gold Coast".

2023 article - "North Melbourne botched a potential rebuild in 2019 when they re-signed the aging Higgins and Goldstein rather than secure picks 8 and 9 as compensation and thereby provide themselves with a hand of 3 top 10 national selections to bring in much needed elite young talent."

A load of bullshit- I see Stevens from the saints is going for a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd.
We would of got * all for higgo and probably a pick in the 30s for Goldy.

Higgo staying will benefit as greatly not just for his skills and leadership but also will let our younger guys grow before they cop tags and alike

If we have a fairly good season and make finals and this guys plays aswell as her can and stays got i honestly think he could win the brownlow

If he has a season like 2018 but a bit better, we make finals and he kicks straight for a few goals (his inaccuracy over the last few years is noticeable) the he could well end up with one. They're looking for him now.

If he has a season like 2018 but a bit better, we make finals and he kicks straight for a few goals (his inaccuracy over the last few years is noticeable) the he could well end up with one. They're looking for him now.

That would be our first since 1983

19 eighty three

Remove this Banner Ad

Back