Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever. I was just clarifying that your call about the players rarely seeing him was completely wrong.

Was in the video this week. Regularly is.

Not sure how he's tainting young players either, he was a young leader and highly respected and it certainly wasn't due to his (ok but not great) football ability.

out for between 4-8 weeks with his broken thumb. hmmm not great news for Shaun and no laughing matter. as we were not going to sign him for 2022, it does seem we made the correct call.

good job North
The only good thing about him being injured is that I don't have to see him play against us. Seeing him in the Geelong guernsey is tough enough. Wearing it against us was going to be hard to sit through.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has he gone this year. I know he has had some injuries and noticed he is sub for tonight. Hope he doesnt miss a shot at a flag

Has been well below his best, has hit the cliff and gone over it a bit this year.

We did well to get a second rounder for him.
And we could be in the same boat with a few of our vets next year; the end can come suddenly. I remember Corey Jones signing his last contract for 2 years, and he hardly played, like he hit a wall. Makes our list management strategy this year ultra important, considering how reliant we are on key seniors

Has been well below his best, has hit the cliff and gone over it a bit this year.
I could be wrong but I actually think he would play better if he was still with us. Looks far from settled at Geelong. Maybe not the best decision for his career even though personally I am sure he thought it was.

Last edited:
It’s not right how the cats have treated Higgins.
He’s made out to be some sort of average c grader which he isn’t.
I’m happy if he gives it away and goes into coaching. Bring him home

Last edited:
Love the bloke and have done pretty much since he first stepped foot into our club, so it's been pretty tough seeing him this year. Clearly isn't at the same level he was for us but at the same time, from an outsiders perspective, doesn't seem like he's been fully embraced down there - all for getting him back as a coach once he hangs them up (although I suspect he will go down the media route)

That said, if Lazzaro develops into even a solid roleplayer for us, the Higgins trade is going to look unreal for us

Love the bloke and have done pretty much since he first stepped foot into our club, so it's been pretty tough seeing him this year. Clearly isn't at the same level he was for us but at the same time, from an outsiders perspective, doesn't seem like he's been fully embraced down there - all for getting him back as a coach once he hangs them up (although I suspect he will go down the media route)

That said, if Lazzaro develops into even a solid roleplayer for us, the Higgins trade is going to look unreal for us

On the upside, if Dumont ends up at Geelong, you don't have to change your username.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back