Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats great 4 years fantasic news

After Waite and Higgins what do we all think we lack now in what position are we lacking some bite? and if we are lacking could we go after anyone else?

Dont know too much about him cant say i've followed the Giants much in the past few years describe him in a few sentences for me benj7?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe this subject hasn't been bought up in this forum yet!
Or at least hasn't had a dedicated thread, given his imminent arrival. Other than reactive comments about the alleged contract figures and length, he hasn't had a lot of decent discussion about him here.

my analysis of the GF is that a team needs to be tough but just as important to be skilful
Hawks teamwork and ball skills were just fantastic
Higgins is no doubt skilful but hasn't shown much else in the guts and determination dept

A player can harden up over their career, lets hope he is one of 'em

After Waite and Higgins what do we all think we lack now in what position are we lacking some bite? and if we are lacking could we go after anyone else?
Another big defender unsure of any in Free Agency though.

I'm very skeptical of giving someone a 4 year deal when they are as prone as Higgins. Especially at 400k, I would have rather some of that be used to secure Levi. However, I haven't really watched him play much so I don't know exactly what we're getting.

News is that Higgins will be a North player by end of day, however Bulldogs have 72 hours to match the offer given by North. Does that include Saturday and Sunday or is it 72 hours Mon and Tues. Bulldogs also reckon they might match Norths offer forcing Higgins into the draft with either Carlton, Richmond, GWS, or Geelong who can get him before us......should l be worried :(

News is that Higgins will be a North player by end of day, however Bulldogs have 72 hours to match the offer given by North. Does that include Saturday and Sunday or is it 72 hours Mon and Tues. Bulldogs also reckon they might match Norths offer forcing Higgins into the draft with either Carlton, Richmond, GWS, or Geelong who can get him before us......should l be worried :(

You sure they said they wouldn't get in the way yesterday's paper....

You sure they said they wouldn't get in the way yesterday's paper....

The 25-year-old's decision to leave Whitten Oval is also understood to be based on the desire for a fresh start, but Bulldogs CEO Simon Garlick has refused to rule out matching the Kangaroos' offer.

"We've clearly got both the capacity in our salary cap and the capability from a financial view to match, we think, any offer that Shaun's going to get," Garlick told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Thursday.

Yes it includes the weekend.

Bulldogs are waffling. But the campaigners will probably wait until 10am Monday.

Trade period is just as much about maintaining good relationships with clubs as it is player movement. Dogs won't muck around just for the hell of it.

If they match it so be it, it is overs anyway. There is no reason why an injury free mullet can't return to his previous form and slot back in at half back and play as well as higgins would.

Great news? I see it as a big slap in Greenwood's face that could see him walk from the club. Offering an injury prone footballer four years is stupid. And don't get me started on the $400k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back